$400 GIFT CARD
shyamp412
Enthusiast - Level 2

VERIZON,

It is horrifying more than anything that I am only three months into a 2 year contract and I've already had some of the most horrible customer service experiences I've ever experienced - I can only imagine what the next 19 months are going to be like.

I signed up for my service on December 1, 2014, and today is March 10, 2015 and I have yet to receive my gift card. A post card was sent to my residence well over a month ago, prompting me to check for a gift card in my mailbox within 2 wks, but of course 2 wks has passed, and 4 wks have passed and nothing. Everytime I call Verizon they tell me that the gift card has already shipped, which is an outright bold LIE, because today I was able to speak to an individual in the promotions dept. and he told me that the gift card was shipped on MARCH 7th, 2015. How can you expect me to receive it within 90 days if it wasn't even sent within 90 days? Common sense dictates that will be impossible.

Looking through these forums it seems apparent that customer service is not you forte, as a prodigious amount of other customers have experienced similar problems with the gift card promise or lack there of, along with a combination of other sleezy marketing techniques incorporated by your employees/company.

When I asked the individual in the Promotions dept today he told me verbatim the reason for the delay was due to "technology reasons and stuff like that", and when I asked him kindly to elaborate on "stuff like that" he used that exact phrase "stuff like that" six more times to loop me around in circles, before illustrating frustratoin and raising his voice, even though I had a calm, monotone voice through the process. I was taught in 3rd grade not to use ambiguous phareses like "stuff like that", but I guess your employees have never received that lesson. Then he proceeded to tell me he can transfer me to billing where they will give me some sort of credit for my inconveniences, but then cut the line before transferring. 

He told me the gift card was shipped March 7th, but let's see if there is any truth to that. At this rate I am anticipating the gift card arriving end of this summer, well after the allotted promise time, but hey like your employee said "stuff like that" happens.

Rest assured I will not be renewing my contract when 2 years are up, nor will I be recommending Verizon to my family/ and friends, not installing Verizon at any of my businesses.

Thanks for the lack of customer service! With a market cap of 198.15 Billion its great to know that customer service or executing your promises on time is not one of your priorities. 

Extremely disgrunted customer,

Shyam 

0 Likes
Re: $400 GIFT CARD
shyamp412
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon - Just going to not respond at all? what happened to someone will contact you via private message in 2 days.

This is ridiculous. How do you expect to retain customers with lack of any customer service?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

shyamp12, if yours was mailed, you need to report to Verizon that it has not been received.

0 Likes
shyamp412
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had reported to Verizon multiple times, they're responses vary each time .

(excuse my language). At first they tell me it has been mailed so expect it anytime, then they tell me it was just mailed a day ago. 

At the end of the day, a quick glance through these forums illustrates that this is a common problem with many, many customers - and the common denominator through all these issues is Verizon's lack of customer service - or lack of caring at all. It's easy to promise one thing but to actually act upon it seems very difficult for them.

Technically, all who have not received their gift cards within 90 days of service should be entitled to cancel their service with Verizon before their contract is up with no cancellation/termination fees.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
bagoftea

So true.....

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes