Additional Outlet Charge
SwtichedOver

I have the same issue as was referenced in another message in this forum, but there was no public response (http://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-Account-Residential/Additional-Outlet-Charge-Question/m-p/40... Additional outlet charge???? What additional outlet? Nobody made any additional outlets and somehow i am paying $60 for 3 of them? At first I really enjoyed my Verizon service, now it seems there is some rediculous fee I notice every week. I literally asked the agent just last month to tell me how much my bill would be for this month and he somehow misquoted me by more than $50!!!!!!! What is going on with this company? I really feel as though I am getting scammed...My monthly  fees are NO WHERE near what I was quoted when I signed up. Can you please explain "Additional Outlet Charge" and also... Really - $30 bucks for internet activation fee???

0 Likes
Re: Additional Outlet Charge
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

ract
Contributor - Level 1

That was my message; the message that I sent to the person offering to help is shown below.   The credit for the $79.98 is now on my bill for this month.

Sorry to cause so much grief; I mainly wanted information.  I wasn't frustrated; I simply wanted to know if the additional outlet charge was legitimate under Verizon pricing policies and if the cable cards were considered to be the 4 additional outlets.  Unlike Comcast, Verizon doesn't appear to have any pricing guide which details the cost of every little thing they do.  Maybe because their system seems to be much simpler.

In any case, I called the billing dept. and spoke to a guy and explained that the additional outlet fee was not mentioned during the ordering process.  He said that in consideration of this failure, he would give me a credit for the $79.98.  If this does not happen, I may seek your help.

In any case, thanks for your help.  These forums are a blessing.  Lithium runs one for Comcast and I learned a lot reading the messages and responses.  Those that are frustrated by these companies need to understand that each company has may customers and much equipment; so problems are inevitable.  However, the ability of one company's CSRs to solve your problems does not appear to be any better from one company to the next.  This is what makes forums such a this so valuable.

mbny

I had the same problem today 1/30/2013.  I called to billing department and spoke to Bob operator # {edited for privacy}and he was not helpful at all.  Bob insisted that the outlet charge is charged no matter if no work was done or not. I had the wire in place before the tech came from the installation. I original order three box and wanted two more.  The tech stated there is no charge because the cable line was already installed.  I received my first bill and there is a 40.00 charge.  I called billing and spoke to Bob, He was very insensitive, give me general answers, that did not apply to my situation. I told Bob that I ask if there was any charge to Tech and he stated no. The Tech stated, “I could go to a Verizon store myself or he might have the extra boxes in the truck, again no charge". Bob states that even he just put in the boxes it is a charge, and they all tell you the price before they install the box.  I stated bob you were not there. I responded that what if you went to a store and someone told you a price and you paid another price at the cashier. Is not right.  I would have gone to the Verizon store less than a mile away and picked up two boxes, if there was a charge. 

I look up there policy.  Its state’s"

• How much does it cost to install extra outlets?

Your Verizon FiOS TV technician can install new outlets for an additional charge. Depending on the area and your home's set-up, our technician(s) may or may not fish walls or move furniture when installing or replacing wiring or installing Set Top Boxes. The technician will determine installation specifics with you on the date of installation.

Best of all Bob, would not let me to speak to a supervisor/manager, and after I requested the cancelation department, Bob responded that this is the retention department, when I know I called billing department.  

Bob did not want to hear my compliant, stating Verizon charges this fee no matter what.  Bob changed the answers too, stating different conflicting answers.  Again, Bob seems to fight the fight with the customer than trying to resolve it.  When I asked for his name and operator number than things changed.   I hope Verizon supervisor are reading this.  I really do not care about the 40.  Dollars anymore.  They have to retrain this “Bob” at billing department.  My gosh be a little sensitive and answer the question depending on the need of the customer. In addition, do not get caught lying and changing your response to make yourself right.  You know what “  I do want my  40 dollars credited for unnecessary fee. I do not want to pay for something I shouldn’t and was told the opposite.  And please get this “Bob” retrained and maybe some sensitivity.  I called on 1/30/2013 at 1645 hours if management wants to review the tape conversation. Have a great day everyone.. 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

mbny,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission with your account info as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes