Appeal a Charge for Pay per view that was not ordered
JD551
Enthusiast - Level 1

My recent bill contains a charge on 11/22/14 in the amount of $72.99 for a boxing event.  I never recalled ordering this event and I certainly didn't watch this event.  In fact I have never ordered any pay per view event in the years that I have been a customer.  I'm really not a fan of boxing.  My family consists of me and my wife only.  I can't believe that an event for this amount can be ordered without any confirmation.  To delete a show on my DVR I need to verify that I want to delete the show by answering yes!

Please explain how this is possible.

If this amount is not credited to my account could you please explain the appeals process. 

I would really appreciate any guidance you could provide.

Take care,

Joe D.

Re: Appeal a Charge for Pay per view that was not ordered
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit Contact Us, or our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  Billing can be reached during normal business hours.

0 Likes
PA_family_15143
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too got the same bill !!  We never watch PPV, and never Boxing.  I also got the charge, and Verizion, escalated 3 levels up, will not refund the charge !!!  $72.99.  It was for Sunday evening 11/23/2014.  Like I said, we never watch PPV, barely any sports at all so the charge shocked me.

We did see some confirmation float across the screen, but we never ordered it !!

I'm so glad you posted.  anyone else get this charge?  

capmandu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I checked my bill yesterday, and also had this charge on my bill!  I was informed that it was charged from one of my DVR boxes (the box is in my den) at 6:30 AM on the morning of 11/22/2014.  Not only do my wife and myself not watch boxing, but we weren't even home at the time to order the Pay Per View.

When I called Verizon to complain, they indiciated that it had been ordered and watched.  If this was the case, it wasn't by us.  They refused to credit me for this charge, even after speaking to the supervisor.  It is absurd to charge the customer incorrectly for this.  Additionally, how can a boxing event cost so much money?  This is half of the price of my monthly service of phone, internet, and cable!

I am ready to cancel my service on account of this.

And a message to moderator: THIS POST DOES IN FACT HELP OTHER USERS THAT ARE BEING RIPPED OFF!

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to get the charge removed.

MAKE SURE you have your STB/DVR's set to require a pin for purchases.  Enable parental controls to do this (don't have to actually block any channels) and set either the parental pin or a separate pin as required for purchases.

0 Likes
Iraboo
I have this charge as well!!!!
0 Likes
omaljp6
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have been charged the same thing on 11/22/14.  Customer service refused adamently to remove charge and we have appealed with no response.  We were not even home that night!

@JD55 wrote:

My recent bill contains a charge on 11/22/14 in the amount of $72.99 for a boxing event.  I never recalled ordering this event and I certainly didn't watch this event.  In fact I have never ordered any pay per view event in the years that I have been a customer.  I'm really not a fan of boxing.  My family consists of me and my wife only.  I can't believe that an event for this amount can be ordered without any confirmation.  To delete a show on my DVR I need to verify that I want to delete the show by answering yes!

Please explain how this is possible.

If this amount is not credited to my account could you please explain the appeals process. 

I would really appreciate any guidance you could provide.

Take care,

Joe D.

KRISTEN62

OMG!!!!  I'm going through the same thing.  The same day 11/22 for the boxing math for  $72.99 that was not ordered and they insist they we ordered it and watched it.  Did anyone get this problem resolved and credited off their account?

0 Likes
Mohan1

I just noticed the same issue with my bill. Last 2 months I see some boxing and sports evernts ordered. 

Agent was not willing to take off the charges. I dont watch these kids of events. How do I get help with this?

Looks like its a major issue for Verizon if not fixed.

Please help.. I dont want to pay for what I didnt watch or order.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Mohan

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes