Are Verizon reps instructed to lie about termination fee or just misinformed
retiredsenior1

Living within a strict budget, I was very concerned about the costs of internet/phone as I had to transfer services to a new address.  I had found a Comcast alternative for internet only that was within my budget and was an option if I was forced to pay more for services or an early termination fee.  I was also willing to go without service for several months so I could  "afford" a termination fee.  That is,  terminate all services and make a fresh decision on providers when I could afford it.  

My Verizon alternatives for internet/phone at my new address were significantly highter than my previous serviice -- I simply could not afford them.  So I dropped the phone service and reduced my internet speed to get an affordable option.  I specdifically asked if I would incur a termination fee, and was told no -- by an online rep and a phone rep.  It took an account manager, working with me over the phone, to get the transaction completed.  The account manager provided specific details on what I would see on my next bill, including the 23.33 activation fee for three months.  But no termination fee.  I agreed to a new contract based on this.  

So, my concerted attempts to acquire service within my budget have failed  -- the early termination fee of $100 is on my bill.  I was essentially grossly miislead, I was denied the full information to make an informed decdision to consider an other provider.  And now, of course, I'm locked into another contract with additional termination fees.  

I talked to an account supervisor today who is powerless to do anything.  He is 99 pct sure that the coroporate office will sustain the terination fee.  He suggested I might have a little better luck writing or emailing my complaint.  But, right now, I simply don't believe there is any way for me to take this up the "chain of authority".  Simply conveying my issues to another group of employees that have no power to change anything is a futile exercise.  

I was happy with my Verizon service, both as a DSL and FIOS customer.  But now I'm seeing the "dark side" -- misinformed reps or reps told to misinform.  And a convoluted corporate structure that ensures issues like this cannot be resolved.  Has anyone ever had any success in getting these types of issues actually addressed by people with the authority to act?  

0 Likes
Re: Are Verizon reps instructed to lie about termination fee or just misinformed
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi retiredsenior,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes