Bait and Switch ???
CleanSweep1

I called Verizon back in March to renew my service (since my initial 24 month term was expiring) and spoke with a CSR on 3/22/2013 @2:49pm.  After the CRS (helpful) spent quite a bit of time reviewing the options that were available she presented an offer of 79.99 for the triple play package which I accepted.  She then played a recording of someone reviewing the contract (though the recording didn’t mention the agreed upon pricing), at the end of the recording it said to respond to agree to the terms, at which point I asked “this is the 79.99 price for all 3…right?” and the CSR came back on the line and said “yes”, at this point I agreed to the terms.  About an hour after I got off the phone from placing my re-newal order I received two e-mail, one stated that the rate was 109.99 (not the 79.99 rate that was offered and I agreed to) and then another on with a rate of 89.00 (again not the 79.99 rate).  I called Verizon back @4:30pm right after getting these e-mails and spoke with another CSR expressing my concerns about these e-mails not reflecting the 79.99 rate and was assured that “they must have been sent by mistake” and that the rate of 79.99 was confirmed.

Fast forward to 5/8/2013 when I received a bill from Verizon that reflected a rate of 109.99 (which I did not agree to) and no bundle credits (which is how they discounted the rate in the past to make the effective rate the correct amount).  I called Verizon and spoke with a CSR {edited for privacy} who said that my record reflect no call on 3/22 @2:49pm (when I place my renewal order) and she said that there was no record of the 79.99 rate in my record…in fact they had no record of me calling until 4:30pm on 3/22 at which time they said there was a comment in my record “called to confirm rate”, but no mention of the rate that I was calling to confirm. At this point I asked to speak with an supervisor and was told that the supervisors were busy and it would be a 20 min wait…or she could transfer me to retention (since I had said that if they won’t honor the rate that I agreed to, then I was going to cancel service.  I asked if the supervisor could call be back and was told that the supervisor would talk to me in just a min.  The supervisor {edited for privacy} got on the line and then proceeded to become somewhat obnoxious when I explained my initial order on 3/22 was for a rate of 79.99 and that they (Verizon) had a recording of the call that they could go back to.  The supervisor (getting nastier) said that they don’t go back to the tapes and they don’t have the rates that people agree to on tape and that unless I had written documentation of the 79.99$ offer they she would not help me.  This went and forth a little bit with the CSR supervisor getting louder and louder, insisting that I was stuck in a 24 month contract because I didn’t have written proof that Verizon had offered me a 79.99$ rate and that if I canceled at this point I would be forced to pay an early termination fee.  I said I would not pay a termination fee for service that I did not agree to and at this point the supervisor start yelling that I would have to (I don’t know how this supervisor ever got this job…but she shouldn’t keep it) and that if I didn’t want to pay the 109.99 rate that she would transfer me to the disconnection department.  This ended the conversation with Verizon at that point, but I feel like I’ve been the victim of Bait and Switch, since they offered (and I agreed to) and 79.99$ rate only to have them then come back and say there is no record of it in their files and they (as I was told by the obnoxious supervisor) don’t go back to the tape recorded conversations to confirm anything.

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch ???
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CleanSweep,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch ???
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cleansweep,

Just letting you know we've closed your private support thread for the time being since we haven't heard from you in a while. If you require any further assistance from us, please reply here and we'll be more than happy to help you again.

Thanks!

Art

0 Likes