Bait-and-switch - New one re upgrades out there now
twistedinVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is now doing another bait-n-switch to get current customers to upgrade ser vices. They are emailing us direct and promising 2 yr contract with 3 year price guarantee, and giving you Triple play, 75/75 upload speeds, preferred HD TV pkg, digital Voice, plus all premium channels for $119.99 a month, per their email. See copy of the offer here:

MORE ENTERTAINMENT. Want even more premium channels? We’ll give you the ones you don’t have as a bonus for 24 months. So you’ll get to enjoy HBO®, Cinemax®, SHOWTIME®, STARZ®, ENCORE® and EPIX®.

When you try to purchase this pkg you are not told that you do not get your current premium channels as part of the pkg. That you must continue to pay for them in addition to the offered price plus your usual equipment charges. This info I only got when I asked for the total amount when I upgrade and it came to about $30 more than I expected, based on my current bills.

There service rep acknowledged that the email did not reflect what they were offering and that there was nothing she could do about. If I didn't ask before purchasing I never would have known until I got my first bill, which could have been after the 14 grace period they give to cancel the purchase,

This is why I am feeling "twistedinVA"

Re: Bait-and-switch - New one re upgrades out there now
dmd76
Enthusiast - Level 1

The terms and conditions listed in the offer (http://campaign.verizon.com/holidaypreferred) make no mention of that exclusion. The only reference to the "Fully Loaded Entertainment Pack" in the terms and conditions is this:

"Fully Loaded Entertainment Pack discount applied via bill credit for 24 months; beginning month 25, standard programming rates apply. 2-year agreement required."

It is false advertising, especially when they clearly state "Now is your chance to grab our special package price - even if you are already on contract" at the top of the promotion. I didn't realize this until after I ordered.

0 Likes
devman1

This happened to me as well. I sent a message to FIOS support via their email method (which they have no discontinued apparently) to confirm that I would get the Fully Loaded Entertainment pack free for two years. I got an affirmative response IN WRITING from FIOS support. I went through with the upgrade and did not receive what I was promised.

I went to chat support and they had no clue. I called phone support, and they said I was indeed eligible but there is a problem with the update since I was already on a promotion for FLEP . They still haven't corrected it and I'm going to have to call again.

0 Likes
frostadams

I also signed up for new 2 year package with 3 year price lock.  Guess what, the new DVR is not compatible with my other set top boxes.  When I called, they took a rude tone, told me that it required extra equipment (nothing mentioned by saleperson) and when I let them know their saleperson should have told me about that and asked what they were going to do to fix it, you guessed it, they hang up.  Still trying to establish contact.  Went with Verizon because of customer service, thinking of leaving for same reason, insane.

0 Likes