Being charged for returned equipment
Plareuter

I have tried to resolve this issue but I have not been successful.

I originally had two set top boxes for my home along with the wireless router, I recieved my first return box along with a tracking number and then a second return box with a seperate tracking number.

The first set top box (with remote), video card and cable was returned to a local UPS store, I have the tracking number for that. It show date, time and weight for when the box left my possesion and was in the possesion of Verizon. SO WHY AM I BEING CHARGED FOR THIS IN THE AMOUNT OF OVER $500? The second return box containing the set top box and router was recieved even though it was mailed out AFTER the first.

So I called and spoke to Verizon on different occassions and each customer service rep was less helpfull than the first. Each rep said it would take 1-2 billing cycles for the credit to show. The credit never showed, I finally got a rep/supervisor that was helpful and tracked me tracking number, she was able to confirm the box was recieved but had not been proccessed. This is now 2 months later, she said the credit would take one more billing cycle, this now makes it 3 billing cycles and guess what? The charge is still there and I now have a collection letter for the equipment that has ALREADY been returned.

I don't know where to go from here, is there any one I can talk to, I can provide my account number, both tracking numbers.

PLEASE HELP, I am very dissappointed with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Being charged for returned equipment
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out this private support case. If you still require additional assistance, please feel free to post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M

0 Likes
Ccarr31
I just spent 30 minuets on the phone with customer service only for BJ to tell me he had to transfer me to tech support. Im being charged for 6 set top boxes, 1 digital adapter & a dvr i never had.- fir a 3 bedroom single story house! This is too insane. Im being charged for the returned equipment PLUS the replacement equipment - And equipment i never had! Im being told the dvr is most likely a "billing error" and that tech support is the only one that can verify the faulty returned equipment! When verizon came to run a coax to bedroom #3years ago they replaced the digital adapter with an actual box- your tech (i paid for to run this extra coax connection) swapped the equipment- how can any of this be? Im reading on numerous blogs- and here that this is a very common billing tactic to inflate bills, ruin credit & aggravate loyal paying customers. How do i rectify this issue with the equipment? The billing? Tech support? It gets even worse seeing $19.99 dvr charge then a 5.66 credit for the non existent dvr. This is too insane. 6 boxes??? Who needs what info to have the account rectified?
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Ccarr31

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Ccarr31
Ill await your agents email...
0 Likes
Ccarr31
Its been over 24 hours- any idea when an agent will message me?
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

It can take two business days

0 Likes