Billing Issues- UnHappy New Customer
clairemarie63

At the end of June, some Verizon sales agents came to our house. They provided us with a contract for triple play in which they stated that we would have a 2 year contract but that the rate quoted (104.99) would not change over the two years. We had the service installed a few days later. It did not work the first day because there was some outage issue that the service tech could not resolve until the following day. About a week after signing the contract, additional contract information came in the mail. We were shocked to find out that not only was the rate going to go up after the first 12 months, but that we also were not getting all the channels promised. The sales agent specifically had us print out our channel list from Direct TV and confirmed that we would be getting certain channels (including HBO) that we were currently getting with directv. When we got the additional paperwork, we called Verizon, and while they did offer us a consolation of not going up in rate until 18months- it wasn't what we were told originally. We canceled the triple play service, but kept fios internet. Now we recieved two bills- each about $100 for only 1 montth of service, with only 13 days of cable. I am not happy we are being charged 2x for activation at $60 bucks each. I am also not happy we have to pay for 15 days of phone and tv, when the sales rep said we had 2 weeks to try out the service. We are really happy with the internet, but would have avoided all this and stayed with comcast if we had known we were going to be lied too and over billed..

0 Likes
Re: Billing Issues- UnHappy New Customer
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the billing issues on the account. I have copied your post to our private support board so we can get more information from you. Please refer all correspondences to that private thread from here on out.

0 Likes