Bogus...Early Termination Fee!!!
lvs2sng241

Wow...we are so angry we could spit. We will never again recommend or use Verizon for ANY services!!! We called Verizon customer support this evening to cancel, for the 3rd time, our Verizon service. You see, we just lost our home and we were forced to relocate to another area, unfortunately an area that is not covered by Verizon. It was never our choice to move and to terminate our contract. The customer service representative we spoke with informed us that we were subject to a cancellation fee due to early termination. We explained to him that it was not our choice to move and that Verizon did not service that area anyway. He said it did not matter, that we signed a contract. Well, we looked through that contract and no where does it say anything about there being a charge for early termination even if you can't get Verizon in that area? Who the heck would sign that? And it was never ever disclosed that those are the terms by which Verizon operates. We will not pay an early termination fee because Verizon is unable to fulfill the terms of their contract and provide us with the service in it's contract at our new address. We don't have to pay for service we can not get! We will also make it our personal mission to speak to everyone we know about the ridiculous terms of Verizon's contract. Furthermore, Verizon obviously does not give a rats behind about it's customers. That was made abundantly clear to us this evening.

0 Likes
Re: Bogus...Early Termination Fee!!!
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Sorry about your situation but this is the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up.

• Subscribers with Term Plans; Early Termination Fee. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, IF YOUR BROADBAND SERVICE OR ANY COMPONENT OF A BUNDLED SERVICE PLAN IS TERMINATED BY YOU OR BY US AS A RESULT OF VIOLATION BY YOU OF THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR TERM PLAN, THEN YOU AGREE TO PAY VERIZON THE ETF SET FORTH IN THE PRICING PLAN YOU HAVE CHOSEN. If you terminate Service at your location, your existing Term Plan cannot be carried over to a new Service location.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello lvs2sng241,

We have closed your private support case, if you have further questions or need help with another aspect of Verizon service please feel free to make another post and we will assist you as best we can.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes
kmf255

I have a similar experience as this. I cancelled my services on August 5, after speaking with a retention agent. I cancelled due to a change by Verizon that had material adverse effect on me. After discussion and sending her proof by email, the agent assured me that yes Verizon did change our agreement and that I would not be charged an early termination fee. This is due to language in your bundle agreement which states the following: "This Agreement is subject to Verizon's business policies, practices and procedures, which can change without notice. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, we can also change rates, terms and conditions in this Agreement at any time by sending you written notice prior to the billing period in which the changes would go into effect. If you choose to use your Services after that point, you are accepting the changes. If the changes have a material adverse effect on you, however, you can end the effected Service(s) without an early termination fee, by notifying Verizon within 60 days after we send notice of the change."

I thought everything was taken care of, but on my most recent bill, I am still being charged an early termination fee; even after the Verizon agent listened to the facts of my case and assured me that there would not be an early termination fee! I called to resolve this issue, but first was hung up on by an agent after she agreed that the early termination fee should be waived. In my second attempt, the representative first belittled me by insinuating I was lying, then pretended to lose connection when I walked her through the facts of the case and she realized I was correct. She called me back and mentioned she put a request for credit on my account, but it needed to be approved by a supervisor. Now, online chat cannot access my account for some strange reason.  I am reaching out in this manner to attempt to resolve this issue and confirm that a credit was approved. After my previous dealings with Verizon, I want confirmation that a credit was approved on my account to put my mind at ease. Verizon has breached our agreement,

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello kmf255

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kmf255, As stated this issue has been answered in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else.

-Mitchell

0 Likes