Captioned Telephone (CAPTEL) Charges
lytlejva

My mother recently received a CAPTEL captioned telephone. For those not familiar, one calls the CAPTEL call center toll-free number, then dials the phone number of the user with the CAPTEL phone.  The calling user registers their phone number and long-distance carrier with CAPTEL, who in-turns registers with the calling user's long-distance plan.  All calls through CAPTEL are then charged to the calling user's long-distance carrier.  This avoids expensive billing by third-party providers.

These procedures are in various FCC rulings and regulations since 2006.

Didn't work.  First call several days after doing the required registration showed up on my bill as being charged by USBI/MCI instead of being covered under my "Freedom Essentials" which includes free long distance.

I have checked with CAPTEL and they say my number is properly registered with Verizon.

Question is.  How does Verizon handle calls made under the provisions of the FCC rulings?

Next is how to get the charges on my bill corrected?

0 Likes
Re: Captioned Telephone (CAPTEL) Charges
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
Re: Captioned Telephone (CAPTEL) Charges
lytlejva

As if that accomplishes anything.  I sent the e-mail over a week ago and no response.  Past experience with Verizon representatives has not been good.  Eventually after posting in here or one of the other forums, I finally was contacted by a lady in Executive Suport who resolved my longstanding billing issues.  Has to be a better way.

0 Likes