Charged for Movie without knowing it
misty-one
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently was checking my VIOS bill since I don’t receive paper copies anymore and notice a movie that I had bought ($21.99), not rented but bought.  We never even selected the movie and called up customer service to find out what was going on.

I found out that there was another 2 other movies that have not yet appeared until the next bill and these were also bought for $21.99.  I was told by customer service that I may have “accidentally” selected them and did not intend on buying them.  We never buy movies on VIOS and we may have gotten into the channel as we scan for movies to watch on the Guide and when we press the button to view it, did not realizing it was a pay for movie channel until the screen came up.

This is where you need to be careful, if you hit the wrong button to get out and “accidentally” hit the “OK” by mistake, guess what is there first option,  you guessed it, buy for $21.99 without any verification, you just bought it and did not even notice it until you get the bill.

I now have set up all of my Set Top box to verify by PIN  number before purchasing just in case I hit the wrong button again by accident.

I have yet to hear from Verizon to explain this glitch in their program that could cost consumer thousands.

Re: Charged for Movie without knowing it
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes
Re: Charged for Movie without knowing it
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes