Charged for a PPV event I didn't order
nomorePPV
Enthusiast - Level 1

On 1/31/15 I was charged for a UFC fight that I did not order and did not watch.  My wife and I were out all evening and could not have ordered it.  I was charged $70 for this PPV.  I chatted with customer service and they said I ordered it with my remote.  This could have only happened by error well before the event started.  They refused to reverse the charge.  I would rather not have to switch cable providers but at this point I feel cheated.  what can I do to resolve this situation?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charged for a PPV event I didn't order
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

View solution in original post

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

nomorePPV
Enthusiast - Level 1

Based on this post I was refunded my money.  They did it based on the fact that I had never ordered a similar event.  This is a positive resolution that I wish had been resolved when I contacted customer service via Chat.

0 Likes
Keithb427
Enthusiast - Level 1
I received my current bill and have been charged for watching mayweather vs. pacquio fight. I definitly did not watch fight, nor intended to order it. I had no idea it was ordered from my box until seeing bill, and being passed around customer service for 45 minutes. They could not give me a date/or time when it was purchased from my equipment. Only that it says ordered 5/2 6pm, the start of event. Also support over phone claimed the program was viewed, after this phone conversation I checked my dvr, and saw the program. Says 40 minutes of an 8 hour program were watched, from 6 pm- 648pm. Which I asked my girlfriend, she says she clicked on it out of curiosity weeks after fight. My only conclusion is that it was inadvertatly ordered during one of on demands pop up ads. I have never ordered previous fight, or events on PPv. Please help me.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Keithb427

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes