Charged for fight I did not order/watch
customer20001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got my bill this weekend and it charged me $99 for this pacquiao mayweather fight that no one in my family ordered. I have contacted verizon by phone and by chat, but no one is helping me. They keep giving me conflicting information about when I supposedly ordered the fight too.

By phone, they said I ordered it 5/2 at 6pm but on chat they are saying it was 5/1 at 5:30pm. By phone they said they no longer send notifaction emails about ordering ppv, but on the chat they said they still do that and that they did send one. I asked for a copy but they sent me my bill instead ( and verizon didn't even bill me until 5/9 so this was not a copy of the ppv email they allegedly sent on 5/1.)

There must be a technical error on Verizon's part. We have been with the company for years and we have never order ppv before and we weren't even home on 5/2, so there is clearly something amiss. If we had gotten this mysteriuous email the day before, we would have called immediately to cancel just as we are calling/chatting now. No one is helping us, they just keep saying we did order it but we didn't! Can someone at Verizon please help us. I'm seeing a lot of people are having similar issues yet Verizon is not helping. 

Re: Charged for fight I did not order/watch
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.