Collection Account
jnewk81

I hope someone here can help me.  Yesterday I was checking my credit report and I saw that verizon place a report to my account for collection, for an account I close earlier this year.  I called Verizon and they told me that they had a balance due of $121 on my account after I had canceled my service that was not paid in full in 30 days. The remaing balance of the debt looks like it was $25. The debt is paid off now and was before I even pulled the report. I never recieved any bill in the mail, email or even got a collection letter.  I called Verizon credit and they said that they could not do anything to help me. They told me that they cannot remove anything from the credit report..  So I hope someone here can help me clear this problem since I have never recieved a collection letter. I would really like to have this resolved ASAP since I'm in the process of purchasing a new car and this had really lowered my credit score.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Collection Account
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jnewk81,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Collection Account
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Jnewk81,

Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out this private support case. If you still require assistance please feel free to post on your original post. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes