Cost of transfer
papapeana

How much should a residential customer moving from one fios ready apartment to another fios ready apartment in the same town expect to pay to transfer their triple play service?  

My understanding it is usually around $50 that is often waived as a courtesy.  My 82 year old father moved today to a new apartment and had a 2 month overlap for the apartments so he could move his personal effects himself.  When he first signed the new lease, the Verizon Rep told him to ensure a seemless move he had to activate his new apartment right away even before he moved. So I discovered today, he has been paying two bills for service at his old apartment and at his new apartment that until today had no tv, phone or computers to use the any of the FIOS services in it.  The new service with an extra quantum 75/75 internet modem rental fee seems excessive for a person that uses internet for email, and in addition to basic tv service needs ESPN and Fox News.  Now in addition to paying for active service at the new address which he could not use until after the move, he got billed a $66 charge today to transfer his phone numbers to the new apartment.  Only his main phone number which he has had since the 1950s did not transfer and his email account has apparently been lost and he has been assigned a new email address.  A service call was made today to get his phone corrected, but he apparently was told his old verizon email address is lost.  Did my father just get milked to transfer his triple play service?

Who can we talk to get the the double billing and phone transfer fees cleared off, get his email back and ensure that he has a triple play plan that is reasonable for his needs?  

0 Likes
Re: Cost of transfer
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes