Customer Service Can see problem but no one can help
jojonaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

In January I went to the Verizon store on Val Vista/Baseline in Gilbert, AZ. I had gotten an Applie phone at Verizon a few months earlier which I didn't iike. I didn't think there was much I could do but wanted to see if I could possibly exchange it.

I also had a second phone no longer on cotnract that was only used for emergencies - less than 2 hours/year (yes - a year).. It was $40/month through Verizon  I went to the store to buy a  minutes card.

The Sales rep, Juan, said that I couldn't exchange the Apple phone as it was too late. I pretty much knew this so not a big deal. It was my fault for waiting too long.  I knew I could sell the phone on ebay and buy another phone some place else. Juan  then said he had a program that would be $2 or 5/day (I can't remembr) just for when I sed my backup phone. I would have to pay up front $50. That sounded good.

Then Juan said he checked into how i could exchange my APlle photn for a Droid and put the emergency phone on a pay per minute. I was happy and said all this would be would be a usage phone, etc? It did cost about $100 more for the phone. Not a problem. I kept asking this was paid by the minute, etc. and that my business phone would be the same? yes.

He then took me to shop phones. I am not a huge technie so as long as I have interent access, etc I' dont care if it's the altest or greatest. We got a droid.

I was at the store for several hours while he transferred the phone, etc. Then the phone didn't work for datea usage and I was on the phone with customer service. They couldn't fix it so the next day I was back at the store for a few more hours for Juan to fix.

When I got my first bill, I saw that for my secondary back up phone I was charged $40/month. I called Verizon as I thought this was a mistake. I won't go through all the calls but Juan was contacted and said I went inot the store to buy a second phone and a 2 year contract program.

There's so much I can document about why this doesn't make sense. Why would I get a 2 year contract on a phone I didnt' like. Juan said so I could get a new phone. What? I can buy a phone anywhere and I have the cash. I don't need to pay double over a 2 year contract.

I was so mad that Juan lied, and I had been conned. I cancelled my second phone contract and paid over $500 just to get stop paying $40/month for 2 years AND I was so angry at being connec by Juan. Juan has been promoted to the Store Manager at Chandler now. Sigh

So I thought  I had paid for my mistake of dealing with Verizon and not reading the paperwork they the sales rep have you hurridly sign at the store. But dealing with the Verizon store has cost me more.

Today  I got a message today that I was half way over my data usage. What? I had an unlmited data usage plan. I called Customer service and found that Juan had changed the contract to a shared minute plan. Which doesn't have unlimited usage. And of course, like last time -  Customer service can't do anything about it. I can pay more money to get more data usage.

What is most disturbing about this is customer service can tell that the plans Juan switched me to - didnt' make sense. I have contacted Verizon immediately with issues and am not someone who just suddenly didn't like her plan. I've communicated every step of the way. There's no reason I needed to swtich my contracts to a worse program, sign up for a 2 year program on a phone I didn't use. 

This was Verizon's mistake (and mine for trusting a Verizon sales rep and not reading the paperwork) and no one can do the right thing to fix it. It has cost me hundreds of dollars when I went into a store for a simple request.

But no one at Verizon will look beyond the policy book to help a customer.

Customer service has apologized for Juan but no one is taking any steps to correct my situation.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Can see problem but no one can help
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I think you're looking for the Wireless Community: https://community.verizonwireless.com/welcome

These board are dedicated to Verizon's landline services.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service - Try Verizon Wireless Customer Service
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@bluesinaz wrote:

...  I went to the Verizon store ... I had gotten an Applie phone at Verizon ... possibly exchange it ... also had a second phone no longer on cotnract ... went to the store to buy a  minutes card ... 

Your post concerns Verizon Wireless products and services.  This forum is dedicated exclusively to Verizon Communications services.   As you probably know, Verizon Wireless and Verizon Communications operate as separate companies.

If you need help for a Verizon wireless product or service, it's best to direct questions to the Verizon Wireless forums.  You can reach them by clicking on "Wireless" (either here or at the top of the page).

Good luck and I sincerely hope you get your issue resolved.

0 Likes