Customer Service nightmare - billed for months of service we NEVER had
14thStreet

Hoping someone might have some advice b/c we are at our wits end.  After briefly considering using Verizon DSL for internet (we ordered the modem and had scheduled installation) we CANCELLED before it was even installed and RETURNED the modem, we are being billed for this service month after month since December.  We somehow cannot make Verizon understand that we NEVER had this service.  Despite at least 10 calls to customer service, we cannot get them to cancel this account - sometimes the person on the phone can't even find the account .  We haven't been able to get beyond the initial level of customer service that answers the phone and are so frustrated, we feel like getting a lawyer involved might be the only option - any suggestions?  Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service nightmare - billed for months of service we NEVER had
minded
Contributor - Level 1

I am guessing that you are getting a bill that is separate from any home telephone bill.  You should be able to reproduce an account number from that bill.  Unfortunately, depending on where you live, they probably cannot see an internet only bill, and even if they could, only Verizon Online, a separate billing entity, can bill credit you back.  From my experience though, they should be able to disconnect the account in regular telephone customer service.  I suggest that, if you cannot reach Verizon Online directly, if you reach regular customer service, have them call over to Verizon Online, and MAKE SURE THEY STAY ON THE LINE WITH YOU THE ENTIRE TIME, until everything is credited.  With these sorts of things, you need patience, and hard headedness.

0 Likes