Customer Service
Xochil
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal Verizon Fios customer for about 8 years. I have been really happy with my cable and Internet services and would of never thought of switching companies till now.

Last year my rates increased because I didn't respond to a notice on time to renew my services. Due to how busy life is I didn't get a chance to go through my mail on time. When I finally called I was really upset that the customer representative wasn't able help me keep the same rate. Since I never had any problems with my cable or internet service I decided not to switch companies.

My husband lost his job and now we have to try to save money where we can. I received a brochure on my bill that stated call us and let us see how we can save you money so I did. So on June 23rd I called customer service line to see what offers or changes can be made to save money. The customer service rep did offer me a $10 discount but that just wasn't enough. I asked about downgrading my top box and change channel line up. The rep failed to inform me if I change the plan I wouldn't be able to change it back at the same price I had. It was also somewhat difficult to understand him due to the accent. I kept asking what was the price difference if I downsize my channel line up. He wasn't able to tell me. So I decided to downsize it then check on line the lineup and the cost. Once I realized that I wasn't satisfied with the change I called back the same afternoon and asked for my line up to be changed back. To my surprise I was informed that the cost for the bundle that I originally had had gone up and it will cost me $25 more a month now. I asked if there was anything she could do since I had just called but she said no. Once you make changes to the bundle there could be price increases. I asked to speak to the manager she said are you sure my manager can't do anything for you. I said yes I was placed on hold then the rep came back to the line and said there's 1 customer ahead do you want to hold I replied yes. I was placed on hold again then after several minutes the rep came back to the line and said I spoke to my manager and he had authorized me to give you a $20 discount when I asked does that bring it down to the original amount she replied I'm giving you a $20 discount and this is your total amount. Which is now 13 dollars more than what I paid originally. After this whole mess I didn't save any money and it ended up costing more a month now.

In conclusion due to the disappointing customer service and the price increases I have decided to switch cable company. It isn't fair that new customers get promotions and deals. Why can't loyal customer get rewarded too. I have been a loyal customer for years and I just don't feel appreciated at all.

Xochil
{edited for privacy}

Re: Customer Service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes