Damaged furniture during installation - need help, please! Moderators please assist me!
zjfriedman

On March 23rd my cable was installed in my new apartment in NYC by a man named{edited for privacy}. It was a disaster from the start so please bear with me here. FIrst, the technician showed up at the wrong time and had to come back when he was actually supposed to be at my place. Second, when he did show up, he was unprepared as he did not have the equipment and had to leave several times during the day to retrieve more supplies. It was not until the 4th hour of installation (2 cable boxes, phone and internet!) that we realized there was trouble. There was a tremendously loud noise from my bedroom at one point and my wife asked the technician what the noise was to which he replied "everything is okay". So, we let him continue so that he could finish as it was dragging on way too long. At the point where he was "finished" he said that he was leaving and that everything was working just fine - that's when things went very wrong...

I noticed our bed was pulled out from the wall where he tried to move it to move some wiring around behind the bed and when he tried to move it he broke off 2 legs of the bed. I ran into the hallway to bring him back into my place at which time i told him that he did this. He admitted the damage was his fault and apologized but said there was nothing he could do about it. He told me to call his Foreman, a man named{edited for privacy} in NYC. I got the contact # of Mr. Johnson and called him to describle what happened to my $2,500 bed. At first, he was responsive, came by to look at the damage, took pictures and acted like it was being taken care of. He claimed that since the damage was over $1k it would "take time" but they'd likely replace our bed since it was not fixable with the say the legs were broken off. That brings me to today, almost 1 month later...

Mr Johnson has gone silent on me. I can't get anyone to reply to me about this and where my situation stands with Verizon. I have told Mr Johnson that I am very close to getting my Attorney involved so that I can have my issue taken care of as this was purely and clearly damage that was caused by the technician (I have the photos to prove it, too). 

Verizon, if you are reading this, please contact me. Please let me know what I need to do. I don't want legal action but if my needs aren't met soon I will have no choice. This is pretty simple, really, and I'd think your customer service would have already addressed my needs but that clearly isn't the case. 

I look forward to your contacting me.

ZACH

0 Likes
Re: Damaged furniture during installation - need help, please! Moderators please assist me!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Damaged furniture during installation - need help, please! Moderators please assist me!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Zachary,

We've gone ahead and closed your private support case for the time being because we haven't heard back from you in a while. If you need further assistance, please reply back in this thread and we'll get right back to you.

Thanks,

-Art

0 Likes