Disconnect and ETF fee
gabytx12

I disconnected service because we moved to area that was not serviced by Verizon FIOS, I was told when I called that I would not be charged a disconnection fee.  Today I called because I wanted to check on my final bill.  Because my billing cycle is due Aug 4th and I dont want to have a late fee.  I noticed that the charges are a month forward since we moved out of our house mid July I figured I would be charged for only time the service was on.

I call and not only do they NOT have service disconnected,they tell me I owe $250 for disconnect fee!! Why are all the fees different, why are you told you dont have a fee and then charged. My bill is not even for amount of usage!! Now I am on hold for 30 min trying to get a supervisor.   WHat is going on!!!  I have been a loyal Verizon cusomer.  I have an order number for my disconnection, but the girl on the phone did not want that, she said these things take time!! I called June 26, to diconnect serice for July 17th!! Yet, she tells me they have my equipment!! THey have all my equipment and still did not cancel the serivice out of the system??!!  My bill is the same as always, no one seems to know what is going on and now I am given a random disconnect fee of $250, some others have been given other amounts!!!  What kind of crap is that way to do buisnes??!!! 

I have been a loyal Verizon customer and my  family cell phones are still Verizon!! I cant believe this is the way they do buinsess.   It is a good thing I called because I never would have known about this.  I fear they will charge me a late fee if I dont pay this recent bill.  None of this makes sense.  I have a feeling no supervisor will come to the phone and I will be on hold for a very long time....

0 Likes
Re: Disconnect and ETF fee
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Disconnect and ETF fee
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes