Don't believe Verizon "Special" offers to keep you from canceling your Service.
DCJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our bill increased by $10.00 and we lost some of our Extreme TV channels.  We were no longer under a Verizon contract.  I called Verizon and mentioned an offer we got from Comcast to switch service.  The marketing person offered us a special deal to stay.  The offered us the Ultimate Triple play bundle for $125.97 per month (between $135 to $140 with taxes) if we agreed to a 2 year contract.  We agreed to this.  I asked here several times what our final bill would be with taxes and fees and she said it would be around $140.00 per month.

The first month our bill was wrong.  It came in at $178.00.  I called Verizon and they said it was a one time mistake and corrected the bill.  I asked the lady again what our bill should be and she said it would be around $140.00 per month

The bill for the second month arrived and it was again $178.00.  I called Verizon again.  They said they could not correct this but offered to take $10.00 off the bill.  I told her about our 2 year agreement and she checked our records.    She found the note in the system that we were offered and accepted this plan for $140.00 a month.  She said they could not honor the agreement though because their computer would not allow it.

I asked to speak to a manager.  The manager also found the agreement in our file, but she also would not honor it.  She did offer to correct our bill for this month and let us out of our 2 year agreement.

For all my calls with Verizon,  I have dates, names of the people I talked with, and confirmation numbers.  It would be one thing if they said I misunderstood the agreement,  but even their own records confirm the agreement we had.  The bottom line is don't believe any offer Verizon gives you to stay.

Of course the offer from Comcast has expired, but we will still switch to Comcast and will never have any service or product from Verizon again.

DCJ

Sarasota, FL

Re: Don't believe Verizon "Special" offers to keep you from canceling your Service.
Plasma4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi!!

Welcome to my families. "Verizon UnHappy Club". We are in total agreement regarding Verizon "Special" offers to keep your service. My beliefs and service issues are listed below:

If your receiving service and happy with current Internet Provider; my advice is "DO NOT SWITCH TO VERIZON". IT'S JUST NOT WORTH THE MANY HOURS ON PHONE AND LACK OF SERVICE RESOLUTION PROBLEMS.

We changed to a "Verizon Internet Bundle Special" in April 2010, which was a HUGE MISTAKE!!!  Our Service Plan Agreement and Agent Promises have not been honored/kept. I asked rep. 3 times, regarding our speed, prior to switching to Verizon. As Speed is very essential for our jobs and paychecks. We were assured the fastest speed Available (7 Mbps), by agent and per plan agreement.Verizon is now telling us a different story/plan difference.

I was on hold x 40 minutes one night, approximately a week or so ago. Apparently, the agent left me on speaker and I heard outsourced Verizon techs laughing and joking. I finally hung up called back and reported this to next Verizon Rep. I know Verizon can check the validity of these calls. Our on hold time is approximatley 45 minutes, related to "high call volume" per automated statement.

I have been constantly requesting help with billing/service issues since May 2010, Primarily service, "TO NO AVAIL".  Many of my calls and plan agreement have not been correctly documented, if Documented at all. You were very smart regarding documentation, which I have now started doing. We also receive the standard answer "My computer won't let me change anything".

I did speak to a Manager in May or June. He promised me, if I would call upon receipt of 109.00 rebate card, an upgrade "to my initial 7 MBPS speed Agreement services", LOLOL. I told him we are suppose to be receiving 7 MBPS "NOW" RELATED TO And PER AGREEMENT. His response "We can't change in computer until your receipt of rebate card". Naturally, when I called Verizon no documentation could be located.

Verizon's resolution is 165.00 Disconnect fee. Then An additional fee for reconnection, just to receive our initial 7 MBPS Speed Agreement. Yes, my laptop is close to connection for 20th time asked, per techs. Our current wireless speed is at 1.6 and lower, If and When we can receive internet access. This is Nuts!! We had better service,with prior provider, in early 90's. Dos and Dial-up was faster than I'm receiving now!! It takes approx.1 minute to pull up pictures on web or new web address. If and when I get an agent the speed test results are always much higher??

HAS Verizon has forgotten about customer support and our loyalty? We will be in total shock if post is responded to and our problems resolved.

My son, who also switched to a  "Verizon Special" in May, has since discontinued service with Verizon. His alarm was deactivated upon receipt of "Verizon's Bundle Special". Per Alarm company, Verizon tech. cut essential alarm connection wires . He is still working on resolving this issue. Again, he's spent many hours on phone with Verizon. His next step is Return Receipt Certified Letter. He cannot receive any help for resolution of problem.

We have done our due diligence and DO NOT understand why issues cannot be resolved. We even bought a new laptop, related to an agent's suggestion of laptop problems. This was stupidity on our part, as we have desktop with same service issues. Oh, well just another lesson learned. Our alarm, like my son's was also disconnected, upon receipt of Verizon's special. Verizon did send out two agents to fix our alarm problem. I do give credit when credit is due. A local Verizon Tech. knew us and remembered when our home was built.

Remember they are not obligated to read and/or respond to postings in forums. Just be thankful you are receiving an internet connection. Our Wireless Verizon Internet "Times OUT". If no time outs, it takes forever to Receive a Connectionn and is EXTREMELY SLOW. Lack of/or poor internet access, naturally causes trouble with our NetFlix services. I'm having this problem, right now, while typing. I"m also paying a large monthly bill for slow/limited and at times no internet access.  I don't mind paying a larger bill for services, but would like to have fast and reliable internet services. Additionally, many long and wasted hours on hold with Verizon without a resolution. 

We've had phone services with Verizon since for many years. This is why I'm so "SHOCKED" with our Verizon internet service problems. When calling about problems: Naturally, they run through their provided prepared Q/A list, with no resolution to date.

We also have business accounts, containing many cell phones, with Verizon . We've not experienced any problems with our business account. Thus, our puzzlement over unresolved internet service issues at home. I was disappointed upon reviewing all posted complaints.

If you had an offer to get out of 2 Year Agreement Plan (at no cost). You should have jumped on it. We are quickly switching services, when prior provider offers a new special. Again, it's a been a time consuming and very difficult ordeal with Verizon Internet Bundle Special. It's not worth the Hazzle.

We Trusted Verizon and have been loyal customers for many years with no problems. Verizon always had excellent customer support. Where is our MISSING CUSTOMER SUPPORT?

We are Greatly Disappointed and Saddened with our Home Internet services and lack of customer support.

My suggestion to Verizon "Review your Agent Promises and Agreements and Perhaps Agent Training Requirements Would Help to resolve Customer Complaints"

0 Likes
Re: Don't believe Verizon "Special" offers to keep you from canceling your Service.
DCJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to hear that I am not alone.  Documenting your calls with Verizon doesn't help.  Their records did confirm the 2 year agreement we agreed to.  After 2 months though they said the computer would not accept the offer.  I don't understand how they can back out of an agreement.  I believe the people offering these deals are working on commision.

DCJ

Sarasota, FL

DJJ4

I'm in the same boat as you. When I signed up I was promised a free netbook and went through so many Verizon reps and phone calls trying to get what I was promised for my 2 year agreement. They too noted that yes it was in the system that I was promised that but they couldn't honor it. I was given about 4 different reasons from different reps and never did get anything out of them. So now my contract is up and I'm told there's no way  to lower my bill ($209.54!), as I already have the cheapest rate...I'm calling Time Warner next week. The customer service for Verizon residential vs Verizon wireless are like night and day. Verizon wireless reps are always very helpful and try to make you happy. Verizon residentail reps could not care less and you're lucky if they don't hang up on you.

0 Likes
june61631
Enthusiast - Level 2

So here it is 2014 and verizon is doing the same "bait and switch"

They offer me a plan, and then my bill is 30 dollars over the quote.

Customer service offers nothing, just scripted apologies and that somehow i misunderstood! i am so angry. then to boot, its a 230. termination fee!

I feel so help less, like noone cares, noone listens and somehow I am wrong or I misunderstood or I didnt hear that.

its a bait and switch. Its not right.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

june6163,

We have closed your private support thread due to you no longer responding. We are glad we were able to get in touch with the correct dept to get your issue taken care of. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes