Re: EXTREMELY UNHAPPY (NEW) CUSTOMER!!!!
mjgordon6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't hold your breath... Getting issues solved directly by Verizon is a no-win situation. You'll get lots of apologies from everyone you speak with, but customer issues are rarely resolved without outside intervention.

The ONLY time (out of 3 times this year) that I have had success with getting Verizon to fix the problems we've had is by contacting both the Better Business Bureau and the FCC. Both have websites that you can visit and file a complaint online - provided, that is, that your FIOS service is working. This does seem to get their attention, but nothing else does.

Talking to CSR's, their supervisors, etc will not get you anywhere. Everyone you speak to will apologize profusely for the issues you are having, but NOTHING will be done about it.

mgbaritot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Annie,

You offered assistance, I asked for it, true to form, no response was received. I am sooooo happy that I decided to stick with Time Warner. I've been unhappy with them at times, but nowhere near as frustrated as I was in simply trying to become a customer of Verizon. If this is how they treat new customers, I can't imagine how badly they treat their existing customers.

After a recent post to this blog, I found that my user name and password no longer worked, funny. So I had to re-register under a new user name to respond to Annie's offer of assistance. I suspect that Verizon is denying access to people who post uncomplimentary messages. That might partially explain why the customer service is so bad, it would take an army of people to handle the task of removing negative messages and denying access to the writers.

Fios seems like a decent product, unfortunately it is supported by a completely incompetent service structure.

Happy to have benefited from the comments here and avoided the headaches, thank you all.

Happy holidays.

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

mgbaritot,

Sorry for the mix-up; I haven't worked in a couple of days.  What exactly was your issue?  Was it with installation?  Billing?  I don't see where you've posted the details of your problems.  I need to have an idea of what they are so I can escalate to the correct people.

AnnieS

0 Likes
mgbaritot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Annie,

Great response, somehow it's my fault for not explaining my issue in more detail, and then I'm supposed to be satisfied because you were not working for a few days. You had the ability to acknowledege my issue and reach out to me.  Are you the only person in customer service? I have moved on, and I hope anyone considering Verizon Fios, reads these messages and does the same.

Mike

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Moderators are not part of customer service. We work only with the forum itself. What we can do, is to ask for further information and pass it along to the appropriate department where warranted.  It is not possible to help you resolve your issue unless we know exactly what department it deals with.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

cicidan,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes