Early Termination Fee- Mislead by Customer Service
vansand1753
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I resubscribed last fall for FIOS TV and internet bundle, I was assured by customer service that if I moved to an area and these services were not offered, that I would not have to pay for an early termination fee.  I am now having to move from my residence as the landlord sold the house to others.  I found a new place but apparently FIOS and internet is not available because when I called customer service yesterday to have my service transferred, I was informed that it was not available at that location AND that I would have to pay an early termination fee.  Either I was lied to by one customer service representative or another one.  I am quite unhappy and plan to spread the word but in the meantime, who do I file a complaint with? 

0 Likes
Re: Early Termination Fee- Mislead by Customer Service
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Sorry that you where misled but when you signed up for service you had to agree to the Terms Of Service. The ETF is one of the TOS. http://www.verizon.com/about/terms/

0 Likes
vansand1753
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not know how the company can get away with this!  I was specifically told that if I moved somewhere that DID NOT HAVE Verizon service, that I would not be charged a ETF!  I understand if I was just dropping the service because I wanted to do something else, the fee would be charged but never was I told if I moved to an area that does not provide service I would be charged!  In fact I was told the opposite!  This is outrageous!!

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It does not matter what the reps said. You agreed to the written terms of service which Verizon assumes that you read when you signed up for you account. and that is all that matters to them.

0 Likes