Equipment Returned / Collections Notice
btygart

RE:  Verizon Fios Account {edited for privacy}

Dear Verizon,

In late June 2014, I cancelled my Verizon Fios service.  On 7/15/14, I packaged my cable modem, two set top boxes, digital adapter and periphery devices (remotes, cables, etc) inside the shipping box provided by Verizon, and mailed the items at the FedEx Office, Lorton, VA.  Prior to shipping, I ensured the content sheet was placed inside the box for return credit, and affixed the pre-paid shipping label on the outside of the box.

In August, I received what I thought was my final invoice, and was rather dismayed to discover that I was being charged $1,584.50 for "equipment."  After speaking with a customer service agent, I was reassured that the items had been received by Verizon, and were simply waiting to be credited back to my account.  Sadly, this pattern of billing occurred again in September and October.

On 11/12/14 at 8:47 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, I spoke with a customer service agent named "Ms. Brown," who once again assured me that Verizon had received my items, and that would be just a matter of time before my account was properly credited back.  However, she did tell me that I "owed" $247.00 in Fios services for my final bill, which paid promptly via credit card over the phone (I was charged a $3.00 service fee).  Ms. Brown provided me with a reference number of {edited for privacy}.

On 11/29/14, I received a collections notice letter in the mail from North Shore Agency, informing me of an effort to collect the outstanding balance of $1,337.50.  Verizon are now threatening to defame me by tarnishing my credit score.  It is important to note here that, because I exercised due diligence as a customer by returning the cable box items per Verizon return policy, I cannot be held financially liable for whatever transgression occurred during the shipping and receiving processes.  Perhaps Verizon should reconsider how it conducts this business practice, as it appears to be faulty based upon the number of complaints registered on this forum.

I expect a full credit back to my account in the amount of $1,337.50 by no later than Friday, 12/7/14.  I believe this is an overt attempt to defame my reputation and character.

Regards....

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Equipment Returned / Collections Notice
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi btygart,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
btygart

Hello,

I am still awaiting a message from Verizon to resovle this matter.  Keep in mind that my Verizon account is closed, so apparently do not have an email account with Verizon.

Thanks....

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello btygart

Thank you for letting us know. We'll make contact with an admin to let them know.

0 Likes