Re: Equipment return fraud
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello HereItComes

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
oceanpearl

I have a similar issue

I have returned my router and they cannot find the returned router and I am still being charged for it

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
hweekly

Same of many, many issues. Returned equipment 6 months ago. Of course it then showed up on my bill for unreturned equipment. First lovely lady that I got on the phone hung up on me when I told her what was happening. Guess she didn't want to deal with it. After another hour on hold, got another lady that "seemed" helpful and told me that they would put it in for investigation and I would hear from someone within 48 hours. Still waiting for that call. Contacted another three reps today and got the run around. They can't find the tracking number that they gave me and unfortunately the receptionist at my office did not record the tracking number and I didn't get a copy of the number. I contacted UPS as a Verizon rep suggested and spent hours on the phone with them to find out that even they said they have had an extreme amount of problems with Verizon causing problems for them. But since I don't have the tracking number, they said that they could track packages from my office to the delivery address if I could get the address. Spent yet another hour on the phone with a Verizon rep who told me that they can not give me the warehouse address. I was promised by the supervisor that I spoke with that she would call me before the end of her shift to let me know if she had found anything, and just as I expected, an empty promise and no phone call. Looks to me that Verizon will do everything in their power NOT to help their customers. This is beyond frustrating and is a serious crime against their customers. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello hweekly

0 Likes
brk2

I too am experiencing the same dillema.  I returned one set top box in Dec. 2014 with no problem receiving credit as we were preparing for our move in Jan. 2015.   At the end of Jan. 2015 we received four seperate shipments of return boxes from Verizon for the balance of our equipment; one cable box, one cable card, one router, and one remote.  I just used one of Verizons shipped boxes, rememtber there were four, that had ten individual slots for equipment.  I took the box to local UPS storee in Plano TX.(prior we could go to a Verizon store where Verizon employees would accept equipment)

We left Plano, TX for Conroe, TX that same week.  There is no Verizon FIOS service for this area.  After being a loyal customer for over ten years I loved the service and wanted to continue.  I received a bill in February for what I thought was service of FIOS for Feb. and didn't feel I needed to pay.  After numerous phone calls I was told the bill was for the cable card which was with the other equipment in one box.  I called and then spoke with service person and then her manager; both in St. Louis; and they said it is resolved and would send credit statement for amount due.

Npw the fun started.  We started receiving dozens of collection calls on our cell phones.  We don't even know how Verizon would have access to those numbers because we have T-Mobile.  After more calls to Verizon each time we were told the problem was solved.

Now, finally, it is almost May 2015 and we received collection bill from Verizon for MORE money plus penalties on equipment we returned in January.  Today, April 22, 2015 we yet again spoke with another anonymous representative and manager just to hear they haven't received the equipment UPS sent in Jan..  NOW they say theyt didn't receive any of the equipment!  
This is an unbelievable situation for them to put us in.  

Now for the first time I have found this message board where dozens of customers are experiencing similar treatment.  It must be known by Verizon that this is happening and yet they are allowing to continue.  HELP

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi brk,

Was this  turned over to a collection agency or were the cell phone calls from Verizon?

0 Likes
CGardner551

I am in what sounds like a similar situation where I returned all of my Verizon equipment via UPS and just now got a message from Verizon saying I'm going to be billed for not returning my router. This is clearly in error as it was returned with the cable box, remote, etc...

I need to know how to resolve this as soon as possible as we are in the process of moving into our new home and we have enough things to deal with without adding dealing with fraudulent Verizon bills to the list. Hopefully this can be simply resolved as we otherwise had very few issues with Verizon previously and would consider them in the future again if we move somewhere in their service area (but, at this point if this fraudulent billing isn't resolved then we would of course never go near them again...)

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello CGardner551

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
rabaman

Same problem here.  I returned a set top box I didnt need using the provided box and prepaid label that came in the welcome kit.  I dropped it off at a UPS desk in Staples, which I've done a million times before, and didn't get a receipt.  Why would I need a receipt for a pre-paid label with a tracking number right on it?  Surely verizon knows the tracking number, I even talked to them on the phone first before sending it back.

Well long story short, they never got it.  They have no idea what the tracking number is or how to find it.  And after crediting my account for a month of charges while they look for it, they are charging me again, plus the back month since they couldnt find it.  The lady on the phone said it was all my fault for not getting a receipt.

Fantastic

0 Likes