FIOS Equipment Return
Uribees1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently disconnected my service and returned all equipment ( Cable Box and Cable Card).  Prior to that (roughly a year ago) I had another cable card that I disconnected service to and sent back.  After sending back all the items I have been receiving emails from Verizon stating that I need to return both cable cards, even though I have already returned both (one card I returned over a year ago).  I called 800-Verizon multiple times and each time the rep has assured me they will take care of the issue and change to that I have returned all equipment.  However I am still receiving emails saying that I need to return the 2 cable cards and that now I am being charged for both of them.  The contents of the email are as follows:

Dear MICHEL P,

We have not received your FiOS&reg equipment and as a result, an Unreturned Equipment Charge (UEC) has been applied to your account for the item(s) below:

(Rent): Cable Card 2 {edited for privacy}

These charges will appear on your next bill. Once the equipment is received we will issue the appropriate credit(s) to your bill.

To return this equipment, please use the box(es) and return label that was sent to you and bring the packaged items to your local UPS&reg or you can check here for a Verizon location near you. They will ship it back to us at no cost to you. You can also visit verizon.com/returnfiosequipment for additional options for returning your equipment.

Thank you for choosing Verizon.

Sincerely,
Your Verizon Team

I need to get this issue taken care of as soon as possible and do not want to be charged for the equipment I have already returned.

Thank you,

Michael 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Equipment Return
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Uribees,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes