Re: False Billing for Movies not Purchased
RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Coho, I share your outrage!

My last bill included two movies that I did not rent:  Spiderman and Total Recall.  

I am a 75 year old man living alone.  Verizon charged me for renting Spiderman at 10 am on a Sunday.  At that time I typically watch the political talking heads (e.g., Meet the Press, etc).  Verizon also charged me for BUYING Total Recall.  Again I have never seen that video. 

In addition, I was billed for subscribing to NFL RedZone (about $60) which I saw on an earlier bill and reported it.  The billing agent assured me that it would be removed.  It wasn't.  In fact the second installment payment has showed up on my latest bill.  

When i contacted billing over the phone the agent was courteous but refused to remove the charges, claiming that I had to pay for movies that I dowloaded.  DUH???  She went on to ask if I have small children in my household.  

I am about to cancel FIOS.  I have not idea whether the error occurred in their billing software or whether someone has hacked my account but what I do know is that I am not going to put up with these outrageous charges (on top of the $160 per month that I am paying for the Verizon package) combined with Verizon's indifference.  If Verizon doesn't correct these charges I am cancelling FIOS.  

pbergeron37
Enthusiast - Level 3

This happened to me over a year ago.

Went back and forth disputing charges with Verizon for months.  Added parental controls, passwords

to make any changes over the phone... Nothing worked  Until I swapped set top boxes.

Have not had the issue since.

I had recalled that the issue began occurring just a couple weeks after I had swapped set top boxes

because one of mine had a problem.  I went to the local Verizon store to get a replacement.

They gave me one that was not brand new.  The person said it had been recently returned.

All of the false charges were supposedly from this one box  (none from my other box).

When I brought this up early in the debug of this process Verizon support kept saying

it wasn't possible that these false charges were due to a mix up in box id's room previous user...

However, in one of my "debug" sessions  a Verizon tech told me he had seen that problem occur.  That's when I pushed

for a New box which I did receive.    Never got another false charge after switching boxes in the year plus since.

vagrant_soul
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue now and ther customer service is horrible!! I'm switching back to Time

Warner soon. I've been overcharge almost $200 for movies and PPV matches I didn't order the broad from customer service I just got off the phone with has the nerve to tell me they're not responsible!!

RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Today I gave it another try with Customer Services.  The representative agreed that I should have not been billed for NFL Redzone and credited my account for the two installment payments already billed to my account.  However, no refund for the videos was offered but she did offer to reduce my monthly charges by $8 per month for the next s12 months.  Interestingly, I noticed that the date and time that I was signed up for NFL Redzone was within minutes of the date and time of one of the errorious movie charges.  That can't be a coincidence.  When I receive my next bill I'll report whether I got that $8 reduction.  If not I'm done with FIOS.  

vagrant_soul
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last year, they refused to refund me for NFL Red Zone because the Rep. claim it was included with the package I order so I'm responsible for the charges. It reappear again on my September bill and as much as I call and have it remove every month, I still get billed $13.75 every month for itCat Mad

Deuces FiosSmiley Mad

RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you considered filing a complaint with your state's attorney or consumer protection agency?  

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

vagrant_soul, your issue has been escalated. Please keep discussion of it on the thread where the escalation was done. This thread will now be locked so RBinDC's  issue can be dealt with here.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes