Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
jimmo
0 Kudos

Federal Subscriber Line and Access Recovery Charge question

I have read on a consumer affairs website the "Federal Subscriber Line and Access Recovery Charge" listed in the monthly "Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits " category of my bill is not mandatory, and, in any case, has a Federal cap of no more than $6.50 per month per customer.

So why has Verizon charged me $7.13 for this item in my last moth's bill, and also possibly in previous months' bills? And is there a way to have this item waived totally, or at least reduced to no more than the Federal cap and applied retroactively? Between that surcharge and a monthly late payment fee, I am paying $12+ extra for my monthly bill.

Silver Contributor III
walt178
0 Kudos

Re: Federal Subscriber Line and Access Recovery Charge question

The charge is not mandatory, but it is permitted.  The FCC regulates it and sets the maximum rate:  per line.    The $6.50 maximum allowed rate is for the FIRST line you have.  Phone companies may charge for each line and the charge for each additional line may be higher than $6.50.  I have not seen a maximum rate listed for additional lines, though there may be one.

Is there a way to have it waive?  No.  I've seen this charge for a long time and by other phone companies.  It is a permitted charge intended to help pay for the cost of phone lines.

Why your  charge is $7.13 is a question beyond the scope of another user.  This is a peer to peer forum and posting here doesn't get a Verizon response.    To question the amount you need to contact Verizon Customer Support.  Use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Contributor
jimmo
0 Kudos

Re: Federal Subscriber Line and Access Recovery Charge question

Thank you.

I will contact a Verizon support representative. I need to talk with someone official anyway, as it is past the deadline to re-negotiate a certain condition category of my residential telephone service. I was given a special rate under a certain circumstance at the time. And I need to find out if I may retain that rate (or the current rate for that special category), even if at a slightly higher price, if the Verizon representative may grandfather that special condition into my current service.

And I do have only one telephone line in my home, unless the DSL/Internet connection counts as a second line.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411