File Space for my account
amesbry

Several years ago Verizon offered file space to host a website. I put a wesite at mysite.verizon.net/thelrose/FHUnit52. It is still there but I cannot access the files to update it using FileZilla. Can you tell me how I can get to these files?

Thanks,

Al

0 Likes
Re: File Space for my account
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

FTP access to webspace has been discontinued. I apologize but there is no way to change the files you have already uploaded. You can use the Site Builder program to create and build and modify a site , but would have no affiliation to the site already created. If you need to have those files deleted and the site created via FTP taken down, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
Re: File Space for my account
swanepop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Anthony. I'm sure you are trying your best, but Verizon is about the most incompetent company I have had ther misfortune to deal with, and the personal web space issue is a prime example. I, too, had created personal web pages by FTPing files to the alloted space, and now these are static and dead since FTPing was discontinued. The site builder doesn't even work correctly, like Verizon's Inhome Agent. A week ago I spent an hour with Verizon's Customer Service getting bounced from department to department, since no one at Verizon seemed to know anything about the personal web pages. The last straw was being given a number  for "the correct department that handles personal web pages"; when I called that number it turned out to be an outsourced contractor that handles cancellations and they had no knowledge about the personal web pages. Furthermore, they told me that they get many referred calls from Verizon about issues that had nothing to do with them, but Verizon never figures this out (or does it deliberately to get rid of irate customers). I just gave up. Verizon sure knows how to frustrate customers. And they call the government inefficient! 

0 Likes