Final Bill
Debjo132
Enthusiast - Level 1

September 14th, 2014  Acct. {edited for privacy}

Verizon Bill due date 8/20/2014, note this is 5 days prior to the end billing date. (enclosed copies of bills).

Feb 2014 called Verizon to see when my contract was up so I could cancel.  I was told Aug. 2014, I was not told it had to be on 8/24th.

August 2nd 2014 went to ATT and cancelled Verizon and became an ATT customer.

Throughout the month of August I tried to log on and call Verizon to see what my final bill would be for 7/24 through 8/2.  My password and account were cancelled.

August 31 I received my final bill in an email.  It stated I owed $128.46.

I called Verizon Customer Service and spoke with Luke, {edited for privacy}, he explained that Verizon billed for the full billing cycle, and this bill was for June 25th to 7/24.  I explained I had paid that bill on 7/25 and had cancelled my Verizon account on 8/2.  He then changed the story and said Verizon can and did bill me for the full month of August, from 7/25 through 8/24.  I told him I would not pay for service I did not use, I would pay for 7/25 through 8/2, but no more.  Then he said Verizon could charge me an early termination fee of $60.00 per line, totaling $120, but were billing me for the month instead.  I asked to speak with a Supervisor.

Call passed to Miguel, {edited for privacy}, he stated he could not credit an inactive account and I would have to pay the full bill. He then told another fable, Verizon could charge an early termination fee of $120 per line.

I once again told him  I would not pay for service I did not receive.  I asked him again if he was a supervisor, he said he was not, there was none available.   I told him I wanted a supervisor, he said he would request a supervisor call back, however it would not be until 9/2 because of the holiday.  However he also said it would be more than 30 days after billing and there would be nothing they could do about the bill.

I was on the phone for 1 hour, 11 min and 42 seconds. 

Sept 2nd, no supervisor callback.

Sept 3rd, no supervisor callback.

Sept 4th I called and spike with Kathy, {edited for privacy} in finance.  She apologized, but said she couldn’t help me, she was just suppose to collect or work out a collection agreement, asked her to transfer me to a supervisor in Customer Service.  Transferred to Janice, {edited for privacy} who stated she was not a supervisor, put me on hold and assured me she would get a supervisor.

I waited on hold for 1 hour and seconds.  Finally I was so upset I hung up.

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced, and for Verizon to think it is ok to charge a customer for service that has not been rendered, amazes me.  I am not paid at my place of employment if I have not worked?  I do not pay for any service or goods I do not receive.

I originally had offered to pay the gap timing of my last bill and cancellation, however, now  I will not pay anything on this bill.  I am charging Verizon $45.00 as this would be my hourly wage times two.  Plus $100.00 for aggravation and lack of service, for a total of $145.00.  $145.00 minus $128.46 equals $16.54 that Verizon owes me.

I will expect payment in 30 days or a late payment of $25.00 will be added.  I am sending a copy of this to:

Verizon Wireless Att: Correspondence Team  {edited for privacy}

NYS Attorney General – along with a formal complaint

NYS Better Business Bureau

Lowell McAdam, {edited for privacy} and {edited for privacy} of Verizon

Respectfully:

Re: Final Bill
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are posting info to peers, not Verizon.  A complete waste of everyones time

0 Likes
Re: Final Bill
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Debjo132,

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes