HELP!!! Being charged HUNDREDS of dollars for equipment I returned months ago!
gegelatif
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please can anyone help me. I am so frustrated and tired of getting the SAME response from Verizon, OnProccess Technology on behalf of Verizon and EOS the collection agency Verizon sent my account to. In May 2012 I called Verizon to notify them that I was moving and wanted to cancel my Fios service, which I was completely satisfied with and enjoyed for two years. My new apartment wasn’t Fios ready so I decided not to transfer the service. I was told I could return my equipment to a Verizon store located close to my job, which I attempted to do mid-June however that store told me they were not a return center. They did give me the address of a Verizon store located within a local mall which was. At the end of June I took my equipment there and was told the same thing, “we are not a return center”. By this time I received a call from “OnProccess Technology” on behalf of Verizon. They helped me locate a UPS store close to my home to which I could drop my equipment off.  

On July 11th,2012 I did just that. I shipped 2 set top boxes and remotes. I know the exact date because I held on to the Shipping receipt and the transaction receipt on advice of the UPS associate as he stated “Ive heard some horror stories from customers who have been charged for unreturned equipment”. I tracked my equipment and was happy to see it was delivered the very next day July 12th. I left the country for a trip on August 4th, but NOT before contacting Verizon to check on the status of my account. I was told “it will take up to two billing cycles for the account to be corrected”. I received a call from “OnProceess Technology” before I left as well, and they told me the same thing: One to two billing cycles, it should show that the equipment was returned soon ect.

In early September, I returned to the states to find a collections notice from EOS. Furious I called Verizon only to be connected to EOS automatically every time I tried to reach customer service. EOS instructed me to send a written dispute, which I did on September 19th.  I typed up a letter and sent it along with the copy of the shipment receipt, transaction receipt as well as the proof of delivery obtained from UPS themselves. Today on October 2nd I contacted EOS to check on the status of my dispute. I was told that the last entry on my account was made on Sept 24th and it said “the account will be updated in one to two billing cycles”. Pardon me if I do not trust or have confidence in that response. I called “OnProceess” again and they said they had no more info for me, they were just instructed to no longer contact me, however it was unclear to them if that was due to the equipment being received or the account being sent to collections. Help Help Help, I don’t know who else to call about this ridiculous situation. No one seems to know exactly if the equipment was received, who I can talk to about this or when it will be resolved. HELP!

Re: HELP!!! Being charged HUNDREDS of dollars for equipment I returned months ago!
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes