HELP! - "Your account currently has a pending order." message - makes me want to shoot myself!
Eternal80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can anyone help me with this thing?  I've been on the phone with 2 different people, and another online support person, and I'm still stuck.

I got FiOS installed 2 weeks ago.  I ended up with an ancient STB/DVR (Motorolla 6416-2).  Those things belong in a museum, not brand new installs.  Anyway, I figured I'll get it upgraded to something from this decade, so I called Verizon.  The person said I can get a free upgrade from the store and placed the order for me.  But when I called the store, it turns out the DVR is a newer version (7216), but it's still the crappy silver line.

I wanted the black 7232-P2, so I declined.  By searching online, I found out I can upgrade my STB to that model by going online (link) and paying $40.  But of course that would be too easy - When trying to do that, I get the following error message:

Your account currently has a pending order. That order must complete before you are able to proceed with online ordering.  You can easily check the status of your order by visiting What's Next.  If you are unaware of a pending order for your account, call 1 800 - VERIZON (1 800 - 837 - 4966) to speak to a representative.

No problem - I'll just call the number and be done.  Right?  Wrong.  Spent half an hour with the person on the phone trying to cancel the order, and eventually she said she did.  Of course, when I went to the website, I was still getting the same error.  The lady said it will take 1 hour for the status to update.  As expected after 1 hour I was still getting the same error message.  2 hours later as well...

I then tried my luck talking to a online chat service person.  This time I was told it takes 24 hour for the system to update.  Didn't have much faith in that either (is Verizon using magnetic tapes for their databases?).  I wasn't surprised at all, when the next day I was still getting the 'pending order' message.

Tried calling Verizon again, and another representative claims that the order was indeed canceled.  And to give it another day.  I'm sure we could play this 'next day' game forever, but I'm getting quite frustrated with it.  I've spent more time on the phone with Verizon in 10 days I've had FiOS, than in 10 years of being a cable customer.

Can someone at Verizon please figure out how to get rid of that 'pending order' error message, so I can GIVE YOU money to get my new DVR?  Thanks.

Re: HELP! - "Your account currently has a pending order." message - makes me want to shoot
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes