Customers With Disabilities
Contributor
Jerboa
0 Kudos

How do you apply the trade in gift card to One Bill?

How do you apply the trade in gift card to One Bill?  It mentions how to use it on "Verizon Wireless" but not One Bill nor is there an option on the payments page.

Contributor
BBlacklow
0 Kudos

Re: How do you apply the trade in gift card to One Bill?

To pay your One Bill with your virtual Verizon Gift, you must call Verizon and ask to be transferred to a "Verizon One Bill Wireless Representative."  Yes, apparently One Bill has it's own department!

From there the rep can apply it to your account.

It needs to be said that, regardless of whether or not Verizon intended it thusly, that this seems like an effort by Verizon to get you to spend your card on Verizon items in store by intentionally making it frustrating to apply to the bill.  I would encourage Verizon to just add an option on the My Verizon page to pay by Verizon Wireless gift card.  This would immediately solve the problem of One Bill customers not being able to easily apply their gift card to their Verizon account, while simultaneously avoiding the perception that Verizon is engaging in shady business practices.

Contributor
AMarie
0 Kudos

Re: How do you apply the trade in gift card to One Bill?

Did this actually work for you? One Bill was totally unable to figure out how to apply it to my bill and I spent almost an hour on the phone with them (as well as other people w/Verizon and Verizon Wireless). Then, I got an email today from Verizon that says if you pay with One Bill, you can't use the card toward your bill. SO CRAZY, but Financial Services isn't open again until Monday East Coast time, so I'm waiting to talk to them (One Bill person was trying to transfer me to them Friday to see if they could do anything). 

Do you have the Verizon Wireless Electronic Gift card (not a Visa/other credit-card-affiliated card)?

Thanks for your help. This has been a nightmare and huge waste of time trying to get this figured out!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools