I am very unhappy about the customer service.
mrclamp1

So, I just need to vent my furstration over my situation currently is all I really need to do and get this out into the wild, if you will.

So, a little over a week ago on May 1 I had my FiOS service installed at my apartment. I ordered it 2 days prior on April 29 over the phone because I was at first not able to find my address in the system online, which annoyed me as it was, but I figured hey why not call and see what can be done. The guy who helped me out over the phone with ordering was nice and pleasant and got me the package I wanted: the local tv, HBO and 50/50 internet for the $50 a month, which I thought was great. So, I get everything installed on Friday May 1 and it takes hours to complete, but that isn't the technicians fault as the lines hadn't been run before. Everything is up and running and working really well and I am happy.

The next day, I went online and saw that there was a promotion going on if you order the Custom TV HD and 50/50 internet it would be $65 a month after a $5 a month credit. Well, I figure that is a great deal and I might as well go with that package. I was bust for a few days, so I called on Wednesday May 6 to try and switch to that package at the new customer rate as I have only been with FiOS for less than a week.

After 20 minutes on the phone with the guy he tells me that he can do what I want, but my monthly rate plan would then be $100 a month. I told him no, that is not what I want, I feel as if as a customer I should be allowed to have the new customer price after not even having service for a week at this point. I argue with the guy for 10 more minutes back and forth and he tells me that there is nothing he can do about it as I already got my new customer rate and nothing more can be done at this point and I would have to pay the rates that he dictated to me. I told him that I feel that is unfair as I am still a new customer who has not had service for a week yet and am very unhappy about this. After talking in cricles with the guy I hung up the phone without a resolution. Not 5 minutes later he calls back and says he will get in contact with the promotional department and let me know what the resolution is in 2 days.

Fast foward to today and I just got off the phone with the guy who helped me and was told the same thing. That when I agreed to having service that was the rate I would get and I can change it, but I will have to pay the higher prices. I am sorry, but there should be an exchange period to change your service and still get the promotional rate because I have not had my service for a week at that point. Every retailer has a policy like this and even the Wireless portion of Verizon has an exchange period of 14 days. I would understand if I signed a 2 year contract, but I only went with the month to month. Even while on the phone he was trying to push me towards a triple play at $135 a month, which I refused multiple times.

I am rethinking my decision on having FiOS because of the way that I was treated. If I am to be treated like this as a new customer already after less than a week then I do not know how I would feel if I were to have the service for months or years. The part that frustrates me is not the fact I cannot have the rate, or the money... it is the way that I am being treated as a customer. If this were the case, then I am sorry but have this in writing on your website, because I looked and did not find anything there.

0 Likes
Re: I am very unhappy about the customer service.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes