I'd like to commend the customer service I received today by Linda.
damaged262
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd attempted to remove services that I was offered at a discount when I activated this account.  I realized after a few months that I, in fact would not be using the services.  My first attempt was in November, but nothing changed.  I was informed they were having some trouble do so, but I'd see the difference in billing soon.  Nothing occured, so I again attempted to have them removed last month, and again I was informed they were having trouble adjusting the account but I'd be hearing from them soon with an adjusted bill based on my original call.  Again, nothing happened.  Don't get me wrong, both employees were very friendly and tried to fix things while I was on the phone with them but couldn't.  I was told to expect a call in the coming weeks to let me know the adjustments were taken care of.  As my bill was becoming past due, I wanted it addressed as soon as possible at this point.  I was assisted by Linda today, she was great, friendly although you could tell she again was having problems fixing the account, but stuck with me until she could make the needed adjustments and now the bill is corrected.  I appreciate the complete professionalality she handle this with, apologizing ofter for how long it was taking.  I wish I had gotten her employee number to include here, but I didn't and I'm sorry for that.  She really deserves a pat on the back, other companies wish they had employees like this, I promise you.  Thank you Linda for a job very well done.