Re: I too am a victim of the $300 Visa Gift Card
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Stella54

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
baboness

I have the same issu, never received my card.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you contacted Verizon, baboness?

0 Likes
Stella541
Only problem is I cannot find the private support area!
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please follow the steps given above to find the link to your private support case.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Stella54,

We have not heard back from you on your issue, please let us know in your private support case if you still have any questions.

Josh B

0 Likes
Marcijo74

Yep! Verizon Fios scammed me too! We signed up for the triple play in September 2013 with the understanding that we were to receive a $300. Visa Gift Card. Months past and we checked where the card was, and were reassured that it was on it's way. More time passed and we still did not receive our card.  Spoke with several, and I mean several Verizon representatives and not one single person could explain why we did not receive our gift card and said it is clearly a mistake on Verizon's part. Spoke to a supervisor that was actually helping me, until one day he quit returning my calls and e mails. I wrote a letter to the company and was contacted by another representative who was baffled why I didn't receive the card, she was to get back to me, that never happened. Finally, I filed a complaint with BBB and was contacted by the escalations department.  I was told by this representative that we opted out of the $300. Visa Gift Card because we chose to "accept a $10 a month savings for 24 months (a $240. savings) VS the $300. Visa Gift Card."  Now, why would I turn down $300. gift card for $240. savings I asked?  The representative quickly came back with the solution to credit my account $60. to make up the difference and called it a courtesy. I'm not sure why Verizon would do that if "I opted out of the gift card" and then call it a courtesy. I contacted BBB again and Verizon's response was MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:

{edited for privacy}

I don't know where they got the $20 credit a month for 24 months, I was told I opted for a $10 credit a  month.  See when people lie, they cannot keep their stories straight. I would love to be able to cancel my contract without paying the fee. I am angry I am stuck with them & paying my bill on time every single month to a company that scams their customers. Fios should be ashamed of themselves. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Marcijo74,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Marcijo74

They did the same exact thing to us!  I was told when we signed up that the gift card would take three months. Well, three months came and went and no card. I spoke to atleast 10-12 reps that could not understand where it was & why I never received it. I am currently going through the BBB and they are not budging on it! I am so angry I was scammed!! 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Marcijo74,

The support agents are still waiting to hear from you in your Private Support case.  Please access your case by following the instructions posted above and keep all correspondence concerning your issue in the Private Support channel.

0 Likes