If you cancel your FIOS service, they charge you past your termination date
handinpalm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cancelled my FIOS service & was charged an additional 1.5 moths of service.  They claimed that I did not notify them of the cancellation, even though I called them every day for a week trying to port my phone number to a new provider.  They have selective memory in their favor.  Be sure to record all their conversations, because they try to screw their customers, when canceling.  I got terrible service & they claim it was my PC.  I went back to Brighthouse, where the service is better& the do not try to screw you.  I am now trying to fight bill collectors, the first time of my life.  I am a 57 year old professional, and have never had such a hard time with an cable ISP provider.  Good luck with all the Verizon customers, you will probably get screwed in the end, just like all the other user you read about.  They would not negotiate with me, and only ended up with a lifetime hater of Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: If you cancel your FIOS service, they charge you past your termination date
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi handinpalm

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: If you cancel your FIOS service, they charge you past your termination date
handinpalm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will be waiting for a rep to contact me.  I have talked to verizon reps ~12 times trying to resolve this, w/o any luck.  Verizon does not know how to treat customers, just like General Motors.  Look where GM is now.  Maybe Verizon can learn from them. 

0 Likes