Improve name change procedure
dwdurham
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife died and the phone was in her name. It has been two months and things are still messed up. They had to cancel my service completely and start me as a new customer. I was without all phone, internet, and TV not once but twice for an entire day. I lost my automatic payment settings. I lost my ONE-BILL. I lost my paperless billing. I lost all the package discounts. My "final" bill was the largest bill I have had in all my life. After two months, I now have the phone in my name and the cell phone in my name but my "My Verizon Account ID" is still her name.  Apparently even though they completely cancelled my account, her name still pops up with the billing address and they do not seem to know how to change that! They asked me if I could not live with that. I feel like I am somewhere in the Twilight Zone or on the set of Faulty Towers.

Labels (1)
Re: Improve name change procedure
videoboy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I empathise.  My father passed in July.  My mother tried to transfer the account to her name.  We were told that they would have to shut off service for two days.  I explained to the customer service rep that we had been customers of Verizon since there had been a Verizon.  My mother is confined to a wheelchair and depends upon Verizon as her link to the outside world.  We had no problem transferring the name on the account for any other utility, service, credit card, insurance, etc. only Verizon.  No reason was given for this ridiculous policy.  The customer service rep's suggestion-  my mother should take a vacation for a couple of days.  I reminded her that my mother just lost her husband and was not planning on taking a vacation.  We decided to leave my father's name on the account.  The invoices are being paid, apparently Verizon doesn't care who signs the checks.  If it becomes a problem we'll just take our business to Comcast, maybe they'll be more sensitive to their customers needs.

0 Likes
Re: Improve name change procedure
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

dwdurham

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes