LA County customers - what do you pay in tax, charges, fees
mikegrice

Hi all - 

I set up an installation this Friday for the extreme TV and 35/35 packages. The estimate includes taxes, charges and fees of $25.45/mo. Whoa. I previously had internet thru TW ($0 taxes) and TV thru Directv (>$1) so I was a bit surprised. I called VZ and the agent said it was going to be $4.24/mo. OK, great.

I wanted another set of eyes to be sure so I called back. This agent said there was no way she could say what the taxes were going to be, but they wouldn't be even close to what the estimate was. She said it'd be closer to $10/mo. 

If anybody could give something more specific, it'd be appreciated. I was a little surprised by this.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
Re: LA County customers - what do you pay in tax, charges, fees
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I live in PA, so obviously a different tax scenario -- but PA is a "if it moves, tax it" kind of place so perhaps it will help to  hear of the experiences others have around the country.   My bill has no tax for "Internet" service.  There is state sales tax and video franchise fees of about $10 for the "TV" service.    That's it ... the rest of my bill is for the internet service / TV bundle and STB's/DVR.

0 Likes
Re: LA County customers - what do you pay in tax, charges, fees
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

For our Extreme HD Triple Play we pay $15.65  in fees/taxes in Calif .

0 Likes