Lied to by multiple sales/customer service reps
connormcgwn58

Hello,

Just yesterday 7/8/15 had Verizon come and install Television and Internet at an apartment I just started renting. I ordered the service on July 1st or 2nd I believe. The sales rep informed me of a couple of things that turned out to be untrue. These promises that were made to me include:

- All installation fees would be waived if I signed up on the spot (The only real reason I did sign up in the first place)

- Regional Sports, MTV, TLC and a number of other specific channels I listed would be included in the package that he selected for me.

Upon reviewing the quote the rep sent to me after hanging up the phone, in addition to the normal service features that were listed was an internet activation fee of $23.33 (the first of 3 installments totaling $69.99)

I proceeded to call Verizon back the next day and the second gentleman I spoke with insured me he spoke with the rep I ordered services from and he garunteed the fee would be waived on my first bill.

Now I had the installation done yesterday 7/8/15 and everything went over smoothly. Until the Technician was completed and informed me of the services I had. No regional sports, MTV, TLC or any other channel that I told the original rep I wanted was included in what he selected for me. 

I went on to inquire after the technician had left over the phone. I was told from the customer service rep that there was a misunderstanding between me and the original sales rep. Also he informed me the first installment of $23.33 (and second and third) were still going to be active on my account even though I was told TWICE this would be waived from two different sales reps. Due to the fact that I requested Premium HD services as opposed to the Dual package deal at the same pricing I was promised and the fee that I was promised be waived these requests were above the reps power to execute. He informed me that his manager would need to clear these requests and would speak to me directly. Since his manager was on the phone with another customer at the time he informed me that his manager would call back within 30 minutes to an hour. I sat around waiting 3 hours and then went to sleep since at that point it was 10PM. I still have not heard from anyone regarding my account and the lies that were told to me to incentivise me to purchase your services. 

I am serisouly inclined after two days of service to just switch to optimum due to the fact that there quote was only $5 more per month for the same services. Unless a resolution can be reached in a timely fashion this is the course of action I will take. 

I look forward to hearing from someone.

Regards, 

connormcgwn58

0 Likes
Re: Lied to by multiple sales/customer service reps
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi connormcgwn58,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes