Misleading Internet Billing?
NeedHelp16

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for over ten years with my cell phone plan. That said, I recently moved to a new apartment and carefully researched my options before choosing a high speed intenet plan. I found the online offer for Verizon and thought it was a good deal ($40.86 per month).  I even called ahead of time to make sure I wasn't missing any hidden information. They said, there was an additional dial tone cost for $10.00. I tried to dispute what I saw online, but they said the ONLY way I could contact Verizon about this was through this online forum because it's in a different subdivision of the company. 

I decided a ten dollar difference won't kill me, but now I have a bill for $105.24!!! I certainly understand there are some start up charges involved (it was my awareness this is broken down into three payments). But my first bill was $78.06 and now this one is almost $30 more?!!! How is the world can Verizon advertise a $40.86 internet plan and then charge this much?

I need asistance and I am trying to do the responsible thing by contacting the company by the only way I was told possible two weeks in advance of the bill being due.

Because I am a loyal, paying customer I would like answers. Please help. 

0 Likes
Re: Misleading Internet Billing?
NeedHelp16

PS - I made a copy of the screen shot and can prove where Verizon advertised this plan as $40.86. 

0 Likes
NeedHelp16

PPS - Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am thinking of going to the news channels. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes