My lovely story about trying to become a verizon customer
Karmazoic

This all started on Sept 26, 2011

I placed an order online for  the double play - 1.1-3 mbps internet and the regional telephone essentials for installation on Oct 6.  Checked my order status a few days later looking for my install kit for the internet and the order said "no shipment required."  So I called verizon customer service who told me for some reason it said that I already had the equipment and that I did not need to be sent any.  I told them this was not the case and to send out my modem.  3 days later, still no modem.  I called back again and they gave me the same story they did the first time and swore theyd send it out this time. 3 days later, I finally got the modem, minus the phone filters and splitters you need to hook up the phone separately from the internet.  I called back, spoke to someone who actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about.  He told me that since I was switching from comcast to verizon, they needed to send a tech out to install the actual phone.  We scheduled it for Friday, Oct 14 from 1-5.  I took a half day off of work to come home and find a note in my door that they had already done the switch outside and that no inside work was needed.  Still, no filters or splitter.  I called Verizon again.  First, I spoke with tech support, who told me that he was going to speak to the billing department and then come back to me.  10 minutes later I end up on the phone with the billing department that has no idea what's going on, and the idiot I spoke to that time told me that I still had comcast and there was nothing she could do for me (after I told her I just needed the **bleep** filters and splitter.)  All she kept saying was "I'm showing you still have comcast. You need to talk to tech support" WHO I WAS JUST TALKING TO THAT TOLD ME I HAD TO TALK TO BILLING. I asked to speak with her supervisor, she told me it would be awhile.  I waited, while listening to her type for 5 minutes and never asked for a supervisor.  She came back on the line and told me that she was just waiting for her supervisor and that it would be a few more minutes.  30 seconds later, it disconnected me. I called back yet again, got someone else in the billing department and I said that I wanted to cancel my order.  Of course, he asked why and I had to go through the entire story for the 25th time.  He said "so all you need is filters?" and I said YES!!!!!  And he said he would be glad to send them to me.  This was last Friday, Oct 14th. He told me I would have them Saturday or Monday at the latest.  It's Monday - GUESS WHAT!  STILL NO FILTERS!   I've now been on the phone with verizon for  an hour and 30 minutes trying to cancel my order.  Take my advice...DON"T BOTHER ORDERING THIS SERVICE BECAUSE THEY OBVIOUSLY DONT WANT CUSTOMERS!!!! 

0 Likes
Re: My lovely story about trying to become a verizon customer
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Karmazoic

That is very frustrating, for sure. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Karmazoic

Dont bother, I'm in the process of cancelling my order.  I should have done this the first time I didnt get the modem.  Unfortunately, Ive been on HOLD for 45 MINUTES TRYING TO CANCEL!!  THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RIDICULOUS. 

0 Likes
Karmazoic

This is what it took me to cancel:

2 HOURS on the phone - 45 minutes on hold - just to tell me that I had to call Comcast to port my phone number back to comcast since Verizon "owned" the number now. 

30 minutes on the phone with Comcast trying to get my number back from Verizon, only for them to tell me it would probably be easier just to give me a new number, so now I have a different phone number.

$29.99 reconnection charge to switch the number back to Comcast. 

I may send Verizon a bill for $30 to cover my costs to get my number back to Comcast.  Ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Karmazoic
So Elizabeth...where's my agent reply?? Non existant. Not surprised.
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You had posted "...Dont bother, I'm in the process of cancelling my order" which is why we did not reach out to you. The post after that said that you actually did cancel your service. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with the service. I hope we can turn that around if you ever want to give us a chance again.

0 Likes
dbond1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Isn't that post from the Verizon contact so typical!  They didn't even reach out to try to make things right because they saw you were cancelling your attempt at becoming a customer.  They just blew you off without a response until your last post.  Case closed!!!