Need to speak to a Executive Cusotmer Relations Supervisor
qasimmh

1)      In May or June 2013 – we decided to change our carrier from Optimum to Verizon and requested Verizon’s triple service (TV, Internet & Phone) package to be installed at our residence. For reasons, known to Verizon, both TV and Internet services could not be provided at our residence and the phone service was connected after a delay of 3 days.

2)      We worked with Verizon for over 2 weeks, during the period it was working on its internal issues, to connect the internet service to our residence. After a period of waiting Verizon gave up and advised that they are not be able to provide the service. At this point in time, after discussing with Verizon representative, we figured that having only the “Phone Service” with Verizon would not be cost effective and as there was no contract, the phone service was also cancelled. Please note that it was Verizon, who failed to provide the services.

3)      When ordering the services, not knowing that Verizon would not be able to hold upon its end of the commitment, we had opted to include 500 minutes of international calling in the package, for an additional fee.

4)      During this period, we had to use Verizon’s phone service, as that was the only service installed at our residence, not knowing that Verizon will be not be able to provide the internet services (We were already informed that TV service cannot be installed at our residence and we still were happy to have internet and phone service from Verizon).

5)      After cancellation of the phone service, Verizon send us the bill, which included, in addition to the normal billing, prorated for the period Verizon has provide the service, charges for international calling, on a per minute bases, instead of being charged against the prorated allowance.

6)      I called the billing service and a representative, who after discussing/consulting with her supervisor, advised that there have been a mistake made and that she will adjust the bill accordingly. After adjustment she advised that we need to pay approx. $80/- against full and final settlement of the bill. She also advised that we will not be receiving a final adjusted bill and that she has processed the credit against the bill. We paid the $80 due to Verizon. There was no discussion or  mention that the credit applied was subject to any kind of review etc.  Also Verizon never communicated with us on the matter afterwards, leaving us to assume that everything was settled, as agreed.

7)      In November 2013 we receive a notice from a “Collection Agency” advising that we owe the amount, for which credit was allowed, to Verizon and that the same has been reported against my credit report to Credit Agencies. I spoke to a Verizon representative who advised that we should send a dispute notice to the collection agency. We did send a letter to the collection agency advising of the facts and received a response that the same has been communicated to Verizon.

Recently, I was declined credit from a bank, advising that Verizon has placed a "Adverse Comment" on my account and I cannot be allowed credit. This we believe to be fraud and/or undue coercive method being employed by Verizon to make us pay amounts, for which we were rightly allowed credit for.

a)      As there was no contract for the phone service, any and all charges were prorated for the period services were provided. The same principal was applied to International Call minutes, by the customer service representative, when allowing credit. This was done after consulting a supervisor and without any mention of the credit being subject to any review process later on.

b)      If Verizon felt that it was on the right, to demand this payment from us, a revised bill should have been sent with an explanation of the basis of post facto rejecting the credit applied and supporting documents, thereof.

c)      Referring the same to Collection Agency would have been a matter of last resort for Verizon, which in this case became the first and only action which Verizon took. This has created problems for me as my Credit has been badly affected and I am not allowed Credit by banks etc.

Keeping in view the above, I demand that Verizon send a correction notice to the Credit Agencies withdrawing any/all adverse notification advised against my credit report and restore my Credit rating.

0 Likes
Re: Need to speak to a Executive Cusotmer Relations Supervisor
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Need to speak to a Executive Cusotmer Relations Supervisor
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

qasimmh, 
Since we have not hear back from you, we will go ahead and close out this support case. If you require any additional assistance please feel free to create a new thread. 

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes