Re: Never received $300 pre-paid Visa debit card
prepaidvisa

I am having this same issue. I have spoken to over 10 agents on the phone wasting over 7 hours of my time, each giving me a different number to call. When I call the new number, this agent then sends me to another. 3 agents have told me my conflict had been resolved, but refused to email me confirmation so that I could have it in writing. Each time, the next agent I spoke to told me that they were "investigating". I cannot keep wasting my time on the phone with Verizon getting put on a wild goose chase. Please escalate this to a supervisor who can solve this. 

And to anyone looking at signing on with Verizon due to this promotion and commiting yourself to 2 years of service, I suggest you look to a different provider; I sure wish I had gone with Comcast!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi prepaidvisa,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your gift card. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
prepaidvisa

No one has reached out to me yet. Yesterday a customer service rep who I was talking to via your online chat system ended our chat prematurely when I simply asked for confirmation that my request was being processed. She continually instructed me to call a number that could not help me at all.

Why does Verizon avoid this issue? You offered a $300 prepaid Visa card for signing up for triple play, why can't you just honor that offer without making me jump through hoops?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You should receive a reply within 48 hours.

0 Likes
prepaidvisa

You didn't answer my second question. Why does Verizon make me jump through hoops to get a reward offer you made? Why make the offer if you don't want to honor it? Clearly I'm not the first person to have this issue.

In my many calls and chats with representatives, I've suggested that this could simply be resolved by crediting my account $300 and forgetting about the card. To me, that seems perfectly valid. 

Right now, my reward is already over 100 days late. If I was 100 days late paying my account, my services would probably have been shut off and my $173 bill would probably be over $1000 with interest and late fees. Is Verizon going to compensate me in addition to the prepaid card that I have had to fight so hard for? That only seems reasonable.

0 Likes
prepaidvisa

...still waiting for a reply over 48 hours later. Wondering what it will take to get this card.

0 Likes
prepaidvisa

Been waiting over 3 days now since first posting on this forum (which was by far not my first contact with Verizon support). I was told to expect a call, email or private message within 48 hours. I've received nothing. C'mon Verizon!

0 Likes
prepaidvisa

Thank you Chester for getting in contact with me and resolving my issues!

Note to other people with this problem, do not bother contacting customer service over the phone. Post in this thread or a similar one and your problems magically get solved.

0 Likes