New FiOS Service Great - Customer Service dreadful
mrobin331

I ordered new service back in July - complete bundle. The offer I got was self-install with waived activation and install fee.

I had to call to find out where my self-install package was - after a long call I found out that Verizon decided it was not self install so sent a technician the next day. They never told me of the change, and if I had not called I'd still be without any service.

The technician was very good, knew his stuff, was efficient. He said he couldn't imagine why I couldn't self install as all the cabling is already here from previous occupier who also had FiOS!!

Like the service, only complaint so far is cannot permanently set guide option on the TV to be 'favorites' or 'subscribed', and switching channels seems slow.

Now to billing..... guess what they billed me for installation and activation. I called after the first bill - after the usual long hold I got somebody, but they couldn't 'see' my order or offer, nor could she receive emails so wouldn't credit me. I then did an online chat and they could see it and did the credit. A lot of work to get them to give me my money back.

Trouble is they bill in instalments, so the same thing happened this month. So this time I went directly to online chat but unfortunately "Chevelle" (really?) couldn't access my order information nor could view an emai from me, nor could I attach an image of my order in the chat. She just would not believe me, and said that "verizon does not waive activation fees, ever".

So I have sent an email, again without the ability to attach acopy of their oder confirmation email to me (which apparently nobody can see). All the while they have auto debited my account for money I do not owe.

All the time I am getting weekly calls from Directv offering me great deals to go back to them. Very tempting.

0 Likes
Re: New FiOS Service Great - Customer Service dreadful
Adrienne_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

We still haven't heard back from you, do you still need assistance? Please reply back if so that way we can assist further.

Thank you,

0 Likes