New Home Buyers Irony:Thank you Fios
tripalways

Dear Sir/Madam,

I had been a Verizon Fios customer for many years and I continue to be a Verizon Wireless customer {edited for privacy}.However the recent few months I am really appalled at the way Verizon has been treating its loyal customer Base.

My original fios service was in my apartment in NYC {edited for privacy}and so when I moved to Jersey city Back in 2012 , I decided to take the service with me to my new home in {edited for privacy}. I really enjoyed the content and the service and so when I was to move again, I called Verizon on 7/27/2013 to transfer it to my new home which in spite of being 3 blocks and just across the street was not serviced by Fios .Disappointed I requested the customer service to Discontinue my service on 7/31/2012. To my surprise instead of waiting for a few days they disconnected my service right away. When i called back the service rep replied that she cannot restart it but will have to put in a new order (Order Number: {edited for privacy}) to restart my service and that i have to call back on 7/31 to disconnect which I did and the service was disconnected.

Now 5 months down the line I get a Mail from a collection agency that my account

{edited for privacy} is with them and I need to pay 87 dollars for breach of contract and plus 7$ service charge to pay by credit Card, which I did to CCA US affiliate of North shore agency, letter attached , payment Conf {edited for privacy} . Please bear in mind that all I really owed was 13 $ for the service for 3 days of service I had. Now Verizon not only had my home number, cell number where they could have simply called and discussed the matter with me instead they choose to put it straight to a collection agency. I am in the process of buying a new home and just when my mortgage was to be applied now because of this my credit score dropped from 780 to 680 in 1 month , subsequently I have to now avail of a mortgage of 4.65% instead of the 4.25% not to mention spend additional money on my credit report.This does not stop here after 2 days when i call verizon again they informed that they have not recieved any payment and only after i make a payment , after 3 days they will be able to issue a letter which I gladly did again

Payment Confirmation
Payment Date/Time: 12-16-2013/13:52
Payment Amount: $76.37
Last 4 Digitis of Your Telephone Number: {edited for privacy}
Last 4 Digits of Your Verizon Account Number: {edited for privacy}
Confirmation Number: {edited for privacy}

While i do understand that mistakes do happen, isn’t there a better way of doing things?. I have been told by my mortgage company that I would need a letter from Verizon stating that this was an error and this should be removed from my credit report. Could you please be kind enough to send me a letter via email so that I can get this resolved? I hope my overpayment would help expedite this matter favorobly

Thanks,
Rahul

0 Likes
Re: New Home Buyers Irony:Thank you Fios
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tripalways,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: New Home Buyers Irony:Thank you Fios
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

tripalways,

We have closed your private support case due to you no longer responding. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help. We hope the information we provided was able to help you resolve your issue.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes