Online Account Access Reverted to "Limited"
TEKiefer
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Verizon account's online access appears to have switched from "full access" (which I've successfully used occasionally for quite awhile now) to "limited access" (which interposes a PIN-request page in front of any sort of account browsing/management features).

I can presumably request a PIN and get this corrected, which I'll test tonight.

My more immediate question is: How (and why) the heck did this happen?

0 Likes
Re: Online Account Access Reverted to "Limited"
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Have you made any changes to your account? Were you able to get logged in with your pin?

0 Likes
TEKiefer
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I have not made any changes to my account in quite some time.  I haven't even logged in online in at least a few weeks.

No, the PIN did not work.  I requested one, sent to my home-phone number, received the PIN, and entered the PIN into the "PIN Request" page's "Step 2" section.  The form seemed to accept the PIN, and redirected me back to the My Verizon overview page.  I then tried to navigate back into the "My Services > Internet" section, and I got the PIN Request page again.  I can continue entering the PIN into this page and navigating this loop, but that's not very helpful.

So...  WTH?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

What browser are you using? Make sure you are using Internet Explorer 7.0 and above. Also please clear your temporary internet files and cache. To see if its a browser add on causing a problem, run Internet Explorer without add ons.

0 Likes
TEKiefer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm been using Chrome 19, and have never had a problem accessing our account online with Chrome before a few days ago.

We re-tried the PIN just now using Firefox, and this time it worked.  No idea why it didn't work earlier, but it seems to be okay now.  😕

(I hope you're not suggesting that only Internet Explorer is supported...)

Any idea what could have caused our account to suddenly revert to "limited access" like it did?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Not sure what could have caused it. The site is fully functional on IE. You may have luck with other browsers, but certain things may not work right.

0 Likes