Only 6 months into 2 year contact....nothing but issues
DisgustednBklyn

So sorry I left Optimum after 30 years.  (Never had issues, just wanted to lower my costs.) 

On Friday, March 13, 2015, I called Verizon FIOS to find out if I would receive an ETF (Early Termination Fee) if I cancelled my phone and TV but kept my internet service. I was told no ETF would be applied. No cancellation was ordered. No cancellation was confirmed. There was no cancellation.

On Saturday, March 14, 2015, I awoke around 7:00am, put my tv on and it did not work. Went to call Verizon, phone did not work.

Spent 6 hrs on chat with Verizon as I had no phone. Tried to get my service reactivated and find out what happened.

During this time I was told that my phone # would be changed because they already gave my # to another customer. I was informed that no financial remuneration would be given for loss of service and inconvenience. (I am surgery post op and had no way to contact my care taker.)

I finally gave up waiting. At around 6:00pm I noticed my phone blinking. Turned on the tv and it was working (minus the DVR services I had contracted for). No e-mail was sent giving me a phone #. I learned the # by calling Verizon and getting a message asking if I was the authorized user.

There was no e-mail or phone call confirming the shutting down of my services. Verizon refused to give me an accounting of why this was done. They refuse to give me financial remuneration for my trouble adn associated expenses. (I have to contact banks, stores, work, eat the cost of personal contact cards, etc. to update my new # after over 20 years !  This is a time consuming and costly endeavor.)

I called Monday, March 16, 2015 and shut down phone and tv as I made other arrangements in the 6 hours waiting on chat. At this time I was informed that they could have given me my #, “Do I still want it?” (They must be kidding.)

I received confirmation of my order cancellation and an e-mail what to expect on my next bill. There were charges for services added ($37.33), removal of services ($12.84) and a tv activation service fee 1 of 3 installment charges ($19.99), Regional Sports Network Fee (.46).  The internet only bill, for my first month, $156.10!!!!!!  My triply play was only $108 and the internet only is $75. 

How does Verizon get away with this price gauging and fraud when clearly, they messed up?  They are just sitting back and not giving a darn about what they did and how this has affecte me.

Verizon is default of the the contract and still wants me to pay.  I have reported this incident to NYS Utilities Commission because it is clear I will get no resolution with Verizon and their customer disservice.   (I am soooooo unhappy that I ever left Optimum/Cablevision.)

0 Likes
Re: Only 6 months into 2 year contact....nothing but issues
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DisgustednBklyn,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes