Paying online
mess2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every month for over a year my payment hangs indefinitely over and over. Obviously I am not the only one who experiences this ridiculous situation.  Hire someone who can fix your bill payment site!  Or is there some devious reason you continue to harass your customers with this nonsense?  Get your act together!!

0 Likes
Re: Paying online
Justin46
Legend

@mess wrote:

Every month for over a year my payment hangs indefinitely over and over. Obviously I am not the only one who experiences this ridiculous situation.  Hire someone who can fix your bill payment site!  Or is there some devious reason you continue to harass your customers with this nonsense?  Get your act together!!

First, this is a user-helping-user forum, so you are wasting your time posting like that here.

And besides, I have been paying my FiOS bill successfully through the Verizon website for over 4 years now, the last time 4 days ago, and it has worked perfectly every single time. So I think the problem is yours, not Verizon's.

Now if you actually want someone here to try to help you, you need to provide some specific details about your environment, things like the browser you are using, have you tried without any browser add-ons, how far you get in the payment process before it "hangs", are you trying to pay by electronic check, credit card, etc.

There are lots of smart people here who may be able to help if you give them enough information. But if you just want to complain, I would hope you would find somewhere else to do it,  because it doesn't contribute anything useful here.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: Paying online
prisaz
Legend

@mess wrote:

One customer to another, and to try and help, I have some questions, and ideas based on what I have seen.

1. Are you going to MyVerizon and selecting Pay My Bill from the main page? If you are, I believe that kicks you into a payment system that charges you to pay your bill. I think it is like $3. And the fee probably goes directly to pay charges to a third party.

2. Have you tried to log into MyVerizon and pay your bill? There too if you use a credit card, I think you will get charged a transaction fee. I believe even when logged in, the credit card transactions may be processed the same way. Which could be an issue? But why pay a fee to pay your bill? I think the fee is a pass trough just like other fees Verizon gets charged and are passed through to the customer. Now if you really want to pay with a card, and are still having issues, yes, you must contact Verizon, not other customers.

3. Try to login and set up one time payment through your checking account. No transaction fee, processed within a decent amount of time, I think 24 hours, and the ACH transfer come directly out of your checking.

4. I never allow automatic payments, it is more difficult if you do not agree with a bill and want money, back. I would never open my wallet to anyone and say take what you want. Not from any service provider. Thus a one time payment through checking has worked for me for a very long time. (Years) Even if you leave your banking information in their system, you can go into MyVerizon with the cell phone app, and select pay bill, and the account, if you agree with the amount, and just select pay. No fuss no muss for me. Even from the train.

5. If you can not pay your bill in any fashion while online, than you must deal directly with Verizon. Reach billing here.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes