Phantom orders being placed on my account
Clarita1

Movies Charged to my Account

1. Upon review of my January 25, 2013 statement, I noticed that the movie "Cold Light of Day" had been rented and charged to my account.  I notified customer service through an on-line chat.  After a lengthy conversation, I was finally able to convince whoever I was chatting with, that I had never heard of this movie, nor had I rented it for $7.99.  I was asked over and over and over if anyone else in my home would have purchased it.  I live alone.  No one else has access to my TV remotes.  I was given a credit the following month for $7.99 + tax = $8.41.

2. Now the trouble really begins.  Upon review of my May 25, 2013 statement, a charge of $15.50 was listed on my account for "Gangster Squad."  After another lengthy on-line chat, I was told that yes, I had PURCHASED this movie from my remote.  I DID NOT PURCHASE THIS MOVIE.  I was asked over and over and over if anyone else in my home could have purchased it.  I live alone.  No one else could have purchased it.  I was then told that I would not be receiving a credit for $15.50 because I already used up my "one time" credit (see #1 above) and I must have purchased it from my remote.  No matter how much I explained to them that I do not purchase movies as I have no need to do so, especially a movie I don’t even want to watch, they insisted I ordered it from my remote and there couldn’t possibly be any other explanation.  I was also told to use the parental controls and to create a pin number (which I have since done). 

Needless to say, I was furious and gained no satisfaction from my on-line chat.  Because I was so frustrated after spending so much time trying to get someone to hear my plea and got nowhere, I sucked it up and paid the $15.50 on my next bill.  This movie is still in my library.  I HAVE NEVER EVEN WATCHED IT

Quantum Fios Upgrade

On September 24, 2013, I received an email (see enclosed) that my Fios Quantum Speed  request 75/35 Upgrade Order No. {edited for privacy}was complete.  A new wireless router for $100.00 and a new $10 per month charge would be added to my account.  I was notified that it was shipped and on its way!!!  Once again, I never placed this order!!  I was able to contact customer service after a long wait on the phone.  Fortunately I was able to explain my situation to someone and she informed me that I would be getting a UPS label in the mail to return the new router. The following day, the router was sitting on my back steps when I got home from work.  I have yet to receive said UPS return label.  I am not paying for the router’s return. 

I asked the rep on the phone if it was possible my account was being hacked into and should I change my password.  Of course her reply was yes.  I immediately changed my FIOS password. 

Another Movie Charged to my Account

This past Sunday, September 29, 2013, I was sitting on my couch watching football with my cell phone next to me.  It beeped.  I opened my email.  It contained the following: Dear Valued Customer:  THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING WORLD WAR Z.  Price:  $21.99!!! 

I immediately called customer service and after waiting 20 minutes to be connected, I informed a rep about the email I received.  I explained that I had rented World War Z on September 20th, and I watched it, but I had not purchased it just now.  She looked up my account and said it wasn’t on my bill and not to worry about it.  I was asked over and over and over if anyone else in my home could have purchased it.  I live alone.  No one else has access to my TV remotes. Well guess what?  It’s now on my bill and it’s in my On Demand purchased library.  I am not paying $21.99 for this movie. 

Upon a review of "My Messages" from my account page, you can see from the "Source" column that the TV numbers differ from my actual purchases and the phantom purchase of World War Z for $21.99.  When I viewed "My Messages" from last May, the source for Gangster Squad was also different.  Unfortunately I have no access to those May 2013 messages now and can’t provide the listing. 

I live in a residential neighborhood in a house divided into three apartments.  I do not know what cable service the other two apartments have.  I don’t know if there is any interference happening or if someone is using my account, but it needs to be investigated and fixed once and for all, because as much as I would hate to, I will be forced to go back to Optimum. 

0 Likes
Re: Phantom orders being placed on my account
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Clarita,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Alright Clarita, we have closed this case out due to no response. Hope you ended up getting that box installed. If you ever need anything feel free to make a new thread.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Clarita,

Thank you for your patience while we resolved your issue. Please let us know if there is anything else we could do for you.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes